/ Scarpa Chimera - thoughts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bouldery bits - on 16 Jun 2017

Hi folks,

Anyone used these?

I loved the old 5.10 Quantum for bouldering and Sport. Unfortunately the new ones just aren't the same.

These look like a potentially good replacement. Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used them.

Thanks,

BB

(This research is cheering me up as I've just been told I have an inguinal hernia and am not allowed to train properly til it's sorted, which will likely be a couple of months)
Post edited at 20:50
bouldery bits - on 16 Jun 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

Anyone?
bouldery bits - on 17 Jun 2017

Nope?
neuromancer - on 17 Jun 2017
I would guess that because quantums are incredibly narrow and scarpa boots on average tend to have a wider fit, you might be better looking elsewhere?

Perhaps unhelpful?
Post edited at 20:19
remus - on 18 Jun 2017
In reply to neuromancer:

I've got the dragos which are from the same last as the chimeras, I think. They're actually quite narrow by Scarpa standards.

If you got on with the quantum's I think the chimeras are definitely worth a go. I found the dragos to start off a lot softer than the quantums but they haven't changed much so far. The heel/toe hooking is way better on the dragos than the quantums.

Be a bit careful with the sizing, they're soft shoes so if you get them too big they'll feel really baggy and useless.
ads.ukclimbing.com
bouldery bits - on 18 Jun 2017

Really helpful both,

Many thanks.

BB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.