UKC

Rick and Morty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stichtplate 17 Jun 2017
Anyone watching this? For fans of Family Guy and American Dad, only more twisted. Very funny.
 ThunderCat 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Might give it a whirl.....
OP Stichtplate 17 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:
If you do, let me know what you think. Can't tell if its seriously funny or I'm seriously warped.
Post edited at 18:56
 ThunderCat 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Will do. Big fan of family guy... Tried 'brickleberry'? That is seriously messed up. Very funny.
OP Stichtplate 17 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

Cheers, I'll have a look.
 BenCollis 17 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

wuba-lubba-dub-dub!!!!
 WildCamper 18 Jun 2017
Love both Rick and Morty and Brickleberry!

jonesieboy 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Absolutely love it. It gets darker and more brilliant as it progresses.
 wintertree 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I think some of it is superb, but some really weak episodes as well. Some of the creative ideas are really novel and excellent, such as the exploration of a quantum multiverse.

Unlike Family Guy, it's funny.
 broken spectre 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Very buuurp good indeed!
 elliot.baker 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I discovered this about 2 weeks ago and have watched it all now. I absolutely love it.

I love it mainly because of the sci-fi ideas, many of which I think are up there with what I'd call "proper" hard sci-fi novels. Sci-fi ideas you never see in things like star trek/wars/ any main stream movie/series. Like in Star Trek it takes a person to say "fire photo torpedoes", then another person has to press a button.... hhahaha! wtf they have light speed travel and sentient holograms but they still have to press a button to fire missiles!! The sci-fi of Rick and Morty is better.... oops tangent.

I also think the humour is hilarious and just keeps you questioning. Like why the hell is he constantly belching and dribbling green stuff all over the kid?? wtf.

Can't wait for S03E02 to come out.
 nathan79 18 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

One of the girls at work sings it's praises. It can't be too dark in it's humour as she's a pretty straight-laced, "square" if you like.

I don't the capability to watch it at present, is it on Netflix?
OP Stichtplate 19 Jun 2017
In reply to nathan79:
It's on Fox late nights mid-week but they're messing with the order a little. Started watching it last week after a mate got me on to it . Enjoying it so much , I'm considering buying on DVD .

Edit: re the girl at work, don't judge a book by its cover, it is very dark in places.
Post edited at 04:11
Removed User 19 Jun 2017
In reply to nathan79:

> is it on Netflix?

It is on Netflix, but only the first two seasons last time I checked.

Don't forget to watch each episode through the credits for the little bonus scenes at the end.
 ThunderCat 21 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Reet...series one got...beer popped....about to delve in..

Will let you know !
OP Stichtplate 24 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

> Reet...series one got...beer popped....about to delve in..

> Will let you know !

Well ? .... did you die laughing, or just of boredom?
 ThunderCat 24 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

Binged them over the past two nights.

I struggled with the first four or five, didn't really grab me and then it started to grow on me a bit...the one where they come back to the world where they've died, bury the corpses and step into their lives.... F*ck me, that was dark...!

End of first series, moving onto second series tonight.

The 'two brothers ' movie trailer made me laugh...

And I honestly didn't get the back to the future reference until about the third episode
OP Stichtplate 24 Jun 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

Just finishing the second series, Rick is my new dark god.
Andy Gamisou 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:
The Rick and Morty re-enactment of a somewhat unusual court case. I understand that it is taken from the actual court transcript - which is a mind boggling thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAFKksX_jIM&
Post edited at 04:35
OP Stichtplate 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Scotch Bingington:

Hilarious. Made the mistake of starting to watch it with the kids in the room expecting expletives to be beeped! Did the defendant have Tourette's?
Andy Gamisou 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Hilarious. Made the mistake of starting to watch it with the kids in the room expecting expletives to be beeped!

Oops - sorry. Forget that some people have children!

> Did the defendant have Tourette's?

Ha. I think he was just pissed off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...