The Climbing Station in Loughborough is one of the leading bouldering centres in the UK and we have set very high standards of instructing, coaching and customer service.
We are looking for a focused and enthusiastic instructor to join our climbing wall team and help in the development and progression of the fellow instructors and the centre.
You must have a CWA/SPA qualification and ideally hold your Development Coach award, however we will consider anyone who has or shows commitment to achieving the coaching qualifications, so please, if you don’t have this, don’t be afraid to apply. We will select the right person for the job.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. The duties will consist of coordinating instructed sessions, monitoring appropriate safety compliance, developing group bookings.
2. Greeting customers, making bookings, and some general duties at the Climbing Centre to be carried out in line with the instructions of the facility Manager; tasks should be completed efficiently and effectively to specified standards.
3. Be responsible for running NIBAS and NICAS within the Gibbon and Academy groups.
4. Be NICAS and/or NIBAS Course Director
5. In conjunction with the centre managers and directors, enhance the instructing standards within the centre.
6. With assistance from the managers, ensure that the centre has adequate staff cover to run efficiently and that instructor lead sessions have the appropriate instructor ratios.
7. Ensure that instructing staff receive the appropriate training to do their job efficiently and that they adhere to the center’s policies and procedures
8. Work with the directors and other staff to ensure the centre continues to develop both in reputation and enhanced turnover.