UKC

Conditions - Vallais

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glaramara 21 Jun 2017
Anybody out there yet? How is it looking and what is being done? Bit warm & stormy at the moment I see. They going up the Hornli yet this season?
 Sir Pilade 22 Jun 2017
In reply to glaramara:

This spring in northern Italy has been very dry and without rain, and this summer is getting unusually hot!
Most of the routes in the western Alps are already in perfect conditions, especially the ones in which rock climbing is the major part. For example, i know for sure that "Arete des Cosmiques" on the Mont Blanc and the ridge of the Pyramide Vincent on Monte Rosa are in ideal conditions. For the ice routes.. I don't know but maybe they will be more dangerous!
In the glaciers the crevasses are already opening.

For the Hornli, looking at the webcam, the condition seems perfect too, so it si more likely someone is already going there.

Consider that sooner or later the rain will come, and this will change all the conditions.

Andrea, from Milan.
 emily roo 22 Jun 2017
In reply to glaramara:

I am also pretty interested in conditions particularly in the Zermatt/Saas Fee area... Anyone know if the big ridges are clear of snow yet? Sounds pretty hot already!
 LakesWinter 22 Jun 2017
In reply to Sir Pilade:

Sooner rather than later re the rains and cooler temps according to the latest ECM models.....
OP glaramara 13 Jul 2017
In reply to glaramara:

Quick update, conditions out here are neigh on perfect. Good snow cover on glaciers and stable conditions every day. A little cold high up, feet get cold in B2's. Breithorn traverse etc all good, Hornli looking doable in a few days.
 ROB W 14 Jul 2017
In reply to glaramara:

Check out alpinerob face book page, mountain guide who seems to be over that way at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...