/ FS: Loads of guidebooks

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Cthulhu on 23 Jun 2017 - user since 29/Mar/12

Price: £5

Having a clearout, loads of guidebooks and instruction manuals that haven't used in years and am not likely to ever use again.

I tried to do this a while ago, asking for donations to Mountain Rescue but it descended into chaos. This time I will keep it simple.

1) ALL proceeds will go to Mountain Rescue.
2) Please email me with your highest bid for each book you are interested in, plus your location so I can let you know the likely postage cost.
3) I will keep "bidding" open for 2 weeks, then contact the highest bidder with payment details.
4) In the interests of complete honesty and transparency, I will transfer funds to MR by some sort of traceable means and post evidence for all to see.

Mods - I'm aware that the total value may go over £100, however as this is a donation to MR I hope it's OK. I will provide evidence that all funds raised have been donated. If this breaches the rules please let me know.

Cheers!

Skills

The Mountain Skills Training Handbook (Pete Hill & Stuart Johnston)
A Manual of Modern Rope Techniques (Nigel Shepherd)
Further Modern Rope Techniques (Nigel Shepherd)

Guidebooks (UK)

Rockfax
Fax09 - Peak Bouldering (Allen Williams, Alan James) 1998, reprinted 2000
Fax11 - Dorset (Pete Oxley) 2000

BMC
Stanage, Wharncliffe, Rivelin, Bamford (Graham Hoey) 1989, reprinted 2001
Froggatt (Keith Sharples) 1991
On Peak Rock (Carl Dawson) 1993, reprinted 2002

Climbers' Club
Southern Sandstone (Mike Vetterlein) 1995
Llanberis (Iwan Arfon Jones) 2009
Ogwen (Mike Bailey) 2010
Lundy (Paul Harrison) 2008
Tremadog (Dave Ferguson, Iwan Arfan Jones, Pat Littlejohn) 2000
Avon and Cheddar (Martin Crocker) 2004
Pembroke (John Harwood, Dave Viggers) 1995
West Cornwall, Bosigran, Chair Ladder, The Lizard (John Hooper, Nick Hancock, Shane Ohly, Pete O'Sullivan, Andy March, Sam Salmon, Chris Craggs, Mike Raine, Martin Dunning, Paul Bolton, David Hope, Des Hannigan) 2000

Constable Guides
Rock Climbing in Scotland (Kevin Howett) 1990, reprinted 2001

FRCC
Langdale (R M Biden) 1999

Cicerone
Winter Climbs in the Cairngorms, including The Cairngoirms, Lochnagar, Creag Meagaidh (Allen Fyffe) 2000

Guidebooks (Overseas)

Rockfax Fax13 - Costa Blanca, Mallorca and El Chorro (Alan James and Mark Glaister) 2001

Arrampicare a Cala Gonone (Corrado Conca) 2001
Arramipcare ad Alghero, Sassari e Dintorni (Corrado Conca) 2001

Kalymnos Rock Climbing Guide (Aris Thedoropoulos) 2003

Crag Climbs in Chamonix (Francois Burnier, Dominique Potard, translated by Brian Rawcliffe and Neil Brodie) 2001
Les Aiguilles Rouge, Escalade au Soleil (Thomas Dulac, Godefroy Perroux) 2001
Les Sentiers d'Emilie au Pays du Mont Blanc et dans la valee du Giffre (Jean-Pierre Hervet) 2003

ICE Editions
Cascades Oisans aux 6 Vallees Tome I (Francois Damilano, Godefroy Perroux) 2000
Cascades Oisans aux 6 Vallees Tome II (Francois Damilano, Godefroy Perroux) 2000
Cascades autour du Mont Blanc Tome I (Francois Damilano, Godefroy Perroux) 1998
Cascades autour du Mont Blanc Tome II (Francois Damilano, Godefroy Perroux) 1999

Plaisir Ost Schweiz (Jurg von Kanel) 2002
Plaisir West Schweiz (Jurg von Kanel) 2001

Most books in excellent condition, some are brand new, some a bit battered. If you want to see the condition, I can email you photos.
Post edited at 10:59
In reply to Cthulhu:

Not particularly happy about this. It really isn't the correct forum for an auction, and we certainly don't normally allow auctions on the FS forum, however I'll leave it up for the time being.

It looks like it will be a nightmare to manage.

Alan
Cthulhu on 12 Jul 2017
In reply to Cthulhu:

Thanks to all of you who emailed with offers - I will reply to you over the weekend hopefully. Surprisingly, it was no hassle at all to administer - some people were outbid, others were not.

I'm working away from home a lot over the next few weeks so I may be a bit slow to reply but please bear with me. If you've sent me a message, you WILL get a reply!

Thanks!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.