UKC

Berghaus Hydroshell: Research

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mike_302 24 Jun 2017
I'm looking into the Berghaus Arran jacket -- pretty well ready to buy it as my all-around, 4-season jacket. I'll use it for walking, hikes, and on rainy cycle commutes around town and to the office.

All this being said, waterproofing is very important to me, and I've always gone with Goretex in the past. When my last Goretex jacket failed and wouldn't rewaterproof, despite proper cleaning and maintenance, it was fully covered by warranty. I'm happy with that kind of guarantee and service.

Berghaus has it's own brand of waterproofing tech, Hydroshell (Elite, in the case of the Arran jacket). There isn't nearly as much info about this technology as there is Goretex, and I can't tell how good the warranty service typically is (maybe that's a retailer-specific question? I'll be buying from Cotswold), nor how to maintain the Hydroshell Elite performance. With Goretex, I know there was a regular cleaning required, with special soap, and a spray-on coating to apply. Can anyone provide any insight on Berghaus' Hydroshell product?

Thanks!

Mike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...