UKC

Gear Help 6000m

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamesrlee 25 Jun 2017
Later this year I am going on a trip to climb Pokalde, lobuche east and Island peak, at the moment I am unsure on what kit I need, so what I am looking for is make and model recommendation of bits of kit.

This is what I already have:
ME Morpheus Jacket
ME Annapurna Jacket
Pentagon K08011 Artaxes SF Jacket
Trekking Trousers
Scarpa Phanton 6000m
Dmm Harness and, ascenders, descenders and Crabs

But what I need help with is the following:
Sleeping bag
Softshell trousers For higher levels
Sleeping mat
Fleece jacket
Mid layer jacket-will my softshell work?
Glacier glasses

so if you have any suggestions that would be great or if you have any kit for sale that would be even better.

My sizes
Tops and jackets- Small
Trousers- 28-30 Regular

Thanks

mff513 25 Jun 2017
In reply to Jamesrlee:

For trousers i would go with vapour rise guides they are two layer pants which have a fleece lining and cope very well in cold temps. For your sleeping mat go with a neotherm by thermarest they are incredibly light and warm plus they pack tiny. For a fleece i would go wirh a haglofs astro cheap and brilliantly versatile they are well fitted with good quality zips and fabric had mine for 3 years and still love it 20 quid well spent. Soft shell is a funny business because do you want it to be waterproof or breathable if you go for a light weight jacket then bear in mind it might not last on a expedition. Mountain equipment softshells fit well i had a mediumbbut wear a small usually but size up if you are layering underneath. I own a rab setinel and its very warm but its fleece backed so thats another thing to consider. My choice would be.
Pants- rab vapour rise guides
Sleeping mat- thermarest neotherm
Fleece- haglofs astro
Soft shell- mid weight 2/3 pockets adjustable hood and a good fit but not tight, probs mountain equipment mission fits the bill
My experience of high altitude is non existant this is all based on multi day winter climbing/wild camping trips to wales and the lakes so take my advice with a pinch of salt
Do you not need waterproof salopettes? I would consider them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...