UKC

Easyish multipitch Switzerland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Captain Solo 26 Jun 2017
Heading out to Switzerland end of July with the mrs and looking for suggestions for long multipitch rock climbs up to about VS equivalent.
I'm going to be based near Geneva for a few days then heading east.
Salbitschijen south ridge looks good and also Steingletscher but these are quite far east and I don't want to spend too much time travelling. Any other suggestions or are the above well worth travelling to anyway. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Capt.
 Heike 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Captain Solo:

Hey Captain Solo, I am sure we can give you loads of routes to try...Get in touch! I'll try to mail in due course
Phil Payne 26 Jun 2017

I don't know if this is anywhere near where you're going, because my geography of Switzerland is quite poor, but this place is amazing. https://www.camptocamp.org/waypoints/39005/fr/miroir-d-argentine

tjekel 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Phil Payne:

Miroir +1

Also closer are the routes around Furkapass. Bielenhorn, Kleines and Grosses Furkahorn and Gletschhorn provide ample opportunities on prominent ridgelines and some slbby stuff as well.
 colin.morrison 28 Jun 2017

Hi Ewan! Long time no speak but I have been following your rise to climbing stardom with interest Hope you are all good. I am working in Chamonix until the end of Sept so if you are needing a belay then give me a shout. Days off are Mon, Tue and Wed. New number is 07532665250
OP Captain Solo 28 Jun 2017
In reply to tjekel:
grimsalpass and furkapass sound amazing, I like the idea of long ridgelines.
Cheers
OP Captain Solo 28 Jun 2017
In reply to colin.morrison:
Stardom is pushing it somewhat! Got your new no. Cheers
 Heike 28 Jun 2017

I just emailed you again, our email is a bit temperamental, so hope you got it.
Cheers
Heike
 Toerag 29 Jun 2017

There's a place called 'Saleve' close to Geneva which has VF and some climbing I believe.
There's a really long easy route near Morzine which is about an hour and a half from Geneva.Voie de la Moriziniose is about 20 pitches of easy slab climbing, fully bolted until the last 3 really easy pitches, you can ab from there or climb the last three and walk off.
Post edited at 11:21
 rlrs 29 Jun 2017

If the weather is good I would recommend the Grimsel-Furka-Susten area.

Closer to Geneva is Gastlosen, a wonderful limestone climbing area, best if you are good for sport 6a or harder:
Gastlosen

If the weather in the mountains is not good you could try the Jura, these crags have good multipitch routes, best for 5c/6a, in rough order of merit:

Balmflue
Rochers de Grandval
Bonnes Fontaines
Eulengrat
Arête Speciale
Le Paradis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...