UKC

Kilnsey Comedy seepage after rain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climberchristy 28 Jun 2017
Hi all,

Thinking of Kilnsey on Saturday with a view to looking at Comedy. I know Comedy is steep enough to stay dry in rain. However, if forecast is right Saturday will be the first dry day for 5 days. Any Kilnsey regulars know if seepage will be an issue.

Thanks

Christy
 1poundSOCKS 28 Jun 2017
In reply to climberchristy:

I was on it about a month ago, and the holds up to the 2nd bolt were wet, but the rest of the route was dry. So I presume it was seepage.
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

OK thanks for that

Any other thoughts /advice anyone?

Thanks

1poundSOCKS 30 Jun 2017

> Any other thoughts /advice anyone?

Are you on Facebook? The Yorkshire Limestone group (previously called Malham & Kilnsey which I preferred cause it was more elitist!!!) is useful, can usually get conditions and ask specific route info. I notice somebody saying WYSIWYG was wet, which is opposite end of the crag, but maybe gives an idea of overall conditions.
 Tyler 30 Jun 2017

> Any other thoughts /advice anyone?

It's one of the first to dry but I imagine the bottom crack might be greasy. If your planning a long term siege then it won't do any harm to risk it, at the very least you'll be able to work the crux and top section just not the burly start.
 Mark Collins 30 Jun 2017

I thought you'd spotted some seepage in the shape of a knob or something, oh well.
In reply to Mark Collins:
Sorry to disappoint. At the time of writing the post title seemed sensible. In retrospect I see that 'comedy seepage' could be misconstrued!!
Post edited at 16:47
In reply to Tyler:

Thanks for the advice.
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Thanks. Good idea. I don't use Facebook but will get my son to look on his account

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...