UKC

Lowest to Highest - Australia

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Pritch5 30 Jun 2017

Hi, Paul Pritchard here,

I wonder if you can help me.

last year Doing it Scared, documented my return to the Totem Pole and was produced by Tasmanian outfit Rummin. It has screened at hundreds of venues in forty countries around the world through the Banff World Tour, Kendal Tour of the UK and Ireland & Kendal Tour of China. Just last week it was selected into the Telluride Mountainfilm festival World Tour. This story ticks so many boxes – accepting adversity, adventure, as well as highlighting problems faced by people with disabilities. It was even screened in Antarctica!

Now I'm at it again. The 'Lowest to Highest’ - Australia expedition is being attempted by myself and four of my friends who each live with a significant disability. We will be riding our custom built, human powered vehicles (HPVs) over 2000km’s starting at Australia’s lowest point, the vast salt pan of Kati Thanda/Lake Eyre (-15.2m) to the highest point at the summit of Mount Kosciuszko (2228m) is the Snowy Mountains.

To raise funds to FILM our expedition we have launched a crowdfunding campaign: https://pozible.com/project/lowest-to-highest

There are some fantastic rewards from a postcard from the road to your body-weight in beer to a walk out to the Totem Pole with me. So please spare a minute to see what’s on offer when a pledge is made to the campaign.

We really need your help. We only have a few days left to reach the fundraising target. Put simply, without your help a film about this groundbreaking expedition may never be realised. I know how hard it is sometimes and if you cannot afford to directly give us a leg up perhaps you can you help us spread the story? Share the Pozible link far and wide?

We know that some of the biggest hurdles for vulnerable people, or people who live with a disability, are the limitations imposed on them by others. My friends and I are setting out on this difficult journey so we may inspire others to reach their goals, whatever they may be, and to raise awareness that a person's ‘disability’ can be celebrated as ‘different-ability’. Whether a person is able-bodied or not, when our focus shifts to a person's effort, and resulting success or failure of their attempt, the story becomes about the whole person, and not just their disability.

Please help us get the word out by sharing the campaign on Social Media: https://pozible.com/project/lowest-to-highest

Thanks to your support we hope to film this adventure and share with audiences a story that highlights the power of friendship, collaboration, and the boundlessness of the human spirit.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...