UKC

Podcasts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iusedtoclimb 03 Jul 2017
I'm after recommendations for podcasts to listen to while running - what do people listen to?

I would be listening on an IPOD

Shani 03 Jul 2017
In reply to iusedtoclimb:

There was a thread on here in the last year that is worth searching for. Lots of good stuff was listed.
 Tom Last 03 Jul 2017

All the BBC science and nature stuff, Enormocast, Jam Crack Podcast and Training Beta Podcast for climbing, Desert Island Disks for a ridiculously large back catalogue. For Drama, Ear Hustle from inside San Quentin prison and Serial for true crime.
 JoshOvki 03 Jul 2017

I guess it depends what you are into. I am a fan of listening to comedy when I am running. Elis James and Jon Robins I find a great podcast:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/elis-james-and-john-robins-on-radio-x/i...
 tspoon1981 03 Jul 2017

It really depends on what you like. Here's a few I listen to regularly, I go through phases of listening to others. If you're more specific with what you're interested in listening to the I'm sure someone will come along with some more suitable choices

The enormocast - still the best climbing podcast by a country mile
Jam Crack- Niall Grimes climbing podcast
Training beta - climbing training, I listen to it but have failed to follow any tips and advice
Triple black tv - some of these interviews are really awkward, but there are some hidden gems
Dirtbag diaries
The ledge - again, climbing interviews
MTN Meister
Simon mayos confessions - genuinely pretty funny. It's just the 5:30 confessions round up for the week but they're worth a listen
Joe Rogan- depends on who is being interviewed, definitely worth a look
Serial and S-town
Stuff you should know
Freakonomocs radio
Inspiring Adventure daily

nathan79 03 Jul 2017

Podcasts have been a revelation for my gym/running listening, music is now largely a thing of the past.

I listened to about 5 mins of the Jam Crack podcast before cutting it short. Just couldn't stand the nonsensical ramblings.

Climbing/outdoor related:
Mountain
Outside/in

Stuff to Blow Your Mind is a decent listen for science/pop culture related stuff.
Removed User 03 Jul 2017

Jam Crack Podcast for the win if you enjoy listening to Grimer shiteing on (which I do).
In reply to tspoon1981:

The BBC ones are all good and reguarly recommended

Outside of the BBC
Criminal
Allusionist
The West Wing Weekly is fairly niche interest to fans of 90's and 00's politico drama
Freakonomics
 lithos 03 Jul 2017

The Moth - all of life
Story Collider - science and people
 Tyler 03 Jul 2017
In reply to JoshOvki:

> I guess it depends what you are into. I am a fan of listening to comedy when I am running. Elis James and Jon Robins I find a great podcast:

I like that one a lot as well
 jockster 03 Jul 2017

Audiobookbay
In reply to Shani:

Was it this one? "Sam Harris and other podcasts"?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=660119

There's some cracking links on there. Still enjoying my weekly fix of Sam, though he's somewhat slipped into the Islamic stuff again. I think he maybe doing one with Steven Pinker soon, which could be awesome!
frankor 04 Jul 2017
Church of whats happening now by Joey Diaz
Jocko Podcast
Post edited at 02:18
 Shani 04 Jul 2017
In reply to Hugh J:

> Was it this one? "Sam Harris and other podcasts"?

> There's some cracking links on there. Still enjoying my weekly fix of Sam, though he's somewhat slipped into the Islamic stuff again. I think he maybe doing one with Steven Pinker soon, which could be awesome!

Hi Hugh - yes, that is the one. Thanks for looking for it - I was too lazy to do so.
 tspoon1981 06 Jul 2017

https://www.badbetapodcast.com/

I've just discovered this. So far so good, very conversational which may put some off. But the first episode is definitely worth a listen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...