UKC

NEWS: Evolution 8c+ by Will Bosi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Jul 2017
18 year old Will Bosi has achieved an incredibly fast redpoint of Jerry Moffat's Evolution 8c+ at Raven Tor, on his third attempt.

Read more
 Lemony 05 Jul 2017
In reply to UKC News:

> We believe Will's ascent to be the fourth behind Jerry, Steve McClure, Ryan Pasquill and Alex Megos.

erm...
 Tyler 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Lemony:
Nic Sellars and possibly Rich Simpson
Post edited at 14:39
 Michael Hood 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Lemony:
Apart from Steve M, has British sport climbing really moved on from the Ben & Jerry show?

Am I right in thinking that nearly all of Steve M's top routes (i.e. the 9's) have either not been repeated or not by a Brit?
Mutation - not repeated
Stevolution - ???
Roofolution - ???
Rainman - not repeated
Batman - has this been repeated yet?
Overshadow - only Ondra
North Star - ???
Northern Lights - some repeats (come on Ben you can do this)
Rainshadow - "many" repeats

Has he done other 9's or is it just a lot of 8c/8c+s?
Post edited at 14:53
 stp 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Apart from Steve M, has British sport climbing really moved on from the Ben & Jerry show?

No. Hopefully Will and some of the other young talents though are changing that. This is a phenomenally fast repeat. Nic Sellars also made fairly light work of the route I think, though not this quick.

> Has he done other 9's or is it just a lot of 8c/8c+s?

Steve has also done a long boulder traverse at Dog's Dinner buttress graded 9a. And he's done various link ups at the Tor, boulder-routes including a marathon traverse that finished up Mecca. Don't know what grade that was but pretty sure it won't have been repeated.
 Ian Dunn 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Lemony:
Malcolm Smith too I think did it
In reply to Lemony:

Hasn't Stu Littlefair done it too?
 Ian Broome 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

Cripes the chaps just done 8c+ in 3 goes at a crag that takes most people 3 goes to find the hand holes, 3 goes to find the foot holes and 3 to try and connect them.

ohh and rainshadow.

He may have also be studying at that age too?
Hats off to him.

Michael Hood 05 Jul 2017
In reply to Ian Broome: Oh I'm not decrying what WB's done - it's pretty impressive. Hopefully it's the start of him getting into more 9's and becoming world class.

In reply to Tyler:

People need to to stop mentioning Rich Simpson - he's been outed as a total liar and nothing he claimed is valid. If he's done it so have I....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...