UKC

Facebook scam warning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've just been in a FB conversation with my long time pal Johnny Hardiman, but there was something weird about it. He was asking me to accept some money online for him and then transfer it to a broker because there was a problem with his bank account. It felt wrong, I asked him a question he should definitely know the answer to and he refused to answer. I asked him to call me and he was only able to text because he was "on the desktop". He gave me a number to text, so I googled it and it turns out to be a known scammer. I am now blocked and unfriended from Johnny and cannot contact him to warn him. It felt a bit rude to question whether it was Johnny, but I'm glad I did.

If anyone knows Johnny (the Leeds/Yorkshire version - there might be more than one) would you be awfully decent and get in touch with him to tell him his account has been compromised?

Be careful out there!
 mypyrex 08 Jul 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Have you not got a real means of contacting him, like a 'phone number(land line) or postal address?
In reply to mypyrex: If I had his phone number I'd do it myself - I'm not that thick or lazy. I have a postal address but he won't get the letter until Tuesday at the earliest which is reasonably pointless.
 Fraser 08 Jul 2017
You're not the first, there was an identical thread on here, identical scenario, about a month ago.

Edit: sorry, but identical but very similar.
Post edited at 19:24
Removed User 08 Jul 2017

If you have his address you can get a landline number from 118.
 Brass Nipples 08 Jul 2017

Report to FB and ask them to investigate. If email changed recently have it returned to previous and change password etc.
 Nevis-the-cat 08 Jul 2017

Johnny is aware.

I got a FB message earlier today asking for my bank account and mobile.

I realised it was not our regular Corbynite as whoever it was did not call me Treaclepuss like he usualy does.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...