UKC

iPad App crashes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Eric Winfield 10 Jul 2017
My issue is the same as described before, after updating app on my iPad it no longer opened. My iOS is up to date and I have tried several times to use a newly installed app but every time it flashes open then closes. Sadly this means I can no longer access the app or purchases as I only use it on my iPad. Any suggestions welcome.
In reply to Eric Winfield:

Hi Eric, I'm sorry about that. Can you send me the spec of your iPad (including storage space) to support[at]rockfax.com please?
 keitht 10 Jul 2017
In reply to Eric Winfield:

Mine is also doing this on iPhone 4s.... I've tried it on 2 desperate phones both with factory resets and reinstalled app etc. Somewhat annoying as I don't have any guidebooks now!
 Phil Tucker 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:
Tried opening the app this morning and I'm having the same problem. iOS version 9.3.5, 13Gb version with 1.7Gb free. I emailed the website this morning but haven't had a reply yet, then I noticed this thread.

Phil
In reply to Phil Tucker:

Hi Phil

Have you emailed support [at]rockfax.com? I get all these emails, as does Stephen, and we haven't received anything? If not then who did you email?

Anyway, there is a problem with iOS 9 so either upgrade to iOS 10 or contact Stephen with the email address above and he will sort you out.

Alan
 Tom Last 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Hi Stephen.

I had this problem so updated to IOS 10.

Unfortunately my downloads (Chamonix) have been scrubbed. I've 'restored purchases' to no avail, any ideas?

Cheers!
In reply to Tom Last:

> Unfortunately my downloads (Chamonix) have been scrubbed. I've 'restored purchases' to no avail, any ideas?

Have you tried to download Chamonix again? If so, where does the process fail?
You won't be charged a second time even if it sometimes looks like you might be.

Alan
 Phil Tucker 15 Jul 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Alan thanks for getting back to me. I sent the email from the support link on the website, however something must have gone wrong as it's not in my sent folder. I wasn't complaining about the response time just didn't want people to be acting on the same issue twice.

I haven't got acces to my iPad at the moment so I can't check but I looked to see if any updates to iOS were available and none appeared so I suspect mine is too old for compatibility with ios10. If that's the case any chance of also providing a frozen version of the app compatible with ios9? As I don't really want to get a new iPad.

Cheers

Phil
 Tom Last 15 Jul 2017
Hi Alan. I click on the blue price tag (with price rather than download icon)and am told "Purchase failed: Cannot connect to iTunes Store."
Post edited at 10:15
In reply to Tom Last:

> Hi Alan. I click on the blue price tag (with price rather than download icon)and am told "Purchase failed: Cannot connect to iTunes Store."

Ok, that is an Apple thing. The connection to the Apple App Store is pretty flaky sometimes. If you keep trying, it should connect eventually. This could also be why your Restore Purchases hasn't updated correctly yet. If it had then you would see a cloud icon to download and not a price icon. However, once you do connect, it will automatically check your previous purchases anyway so you won't be charged.

Alan

In reply to Phil Tucker:

> I haven't got acces to my iPad at the moment so I can't check but I looked to see if any updates to iOS were available and none appeared so I suspect mine is too old for compatibility with ios10. If that's the case any chance of also providing a frozen version of the app compatible with ios9? As I don't really want to get a new iPad.

The next release of the app will work with iOS 9 devices. It is an oddity with this version that it managed to get through Apple testing and yet doesn't function with iOS 9. This is our fault for not spotting it, but also Apple's fault for allowing it through their previously very strict testing.

If you contact Stephen on support[at]rockfax.com then he has a temporary work around.

Alan
 Phil Tucker 15 Jul 2017

Alan

Thanks for that I'll get in touch.

Phil
 Tom Last 17 Jul 2017

Thanks for that Alan. I'll give it another try.

Cheers,
Tom
 Roland.Online 31 Aug 2017

> If you contact Stephen on support[at]rockfax.com then he has a temporary work around.

Hi Alan

I emailed support [at] rockfax.com last week about the iOS 9 problem, hoping to get a workaround, however I've not had a reply to that yet - could you please check your end to see if you're receiving emails ok?

Thanks
Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...