/ Beginner climber - potential partner (ESSEX BASED)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Natalie_H - on 11 Jul 2017
Hi, I would like to really get started in indoor and outdoor climbing. I’m based in Essex, so the nearest climbing wall to me is The Lock in Harlow.

I had a few taster sessions with a club last year, but I didn't really feel comfortable in this situation, as I was quite slow I felt like I was taking up other people climbing time. (This is just me and the other members in no way made me feel like this)

I was thinking of doing a refresher class so I can pass the centre safety test and can climb unsupervised, however I was wondering if there was anyone local who either has experience and wouldn't mind helping out a potential partner or maybe another beginner looking for a climbing pal to learn together.

I learn pretty quick and i’m comfortable with belaying (once I have had my skills refreshed). I hill walk solo in Wales, Lakes and Scotland, hoping to get a few more technical scrambles in this year. When the time comes for venturing further a field for some outdoor rock climbs I’m more than happy to share costs, driving, etc.

Or even if anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated.

Thank you
ads.ukclimbing.com
two_tapirs - on 11 Jul 2017
In reply to Natalie_H:

If it's local enough for you, the wall at Basildon Sporting Village (http://www.high-sports.co.uk/climbing-walls/basildon.html) is very friendly and has had plenty of beginners through the doors; the regulars are a very decent, friendly and patient bunch. Tuesday and Wednesday nights are adult beginner nights, Monday and Thursday nights are adult improver nights.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.