UKC

MIA Trainee - Multi pitch teaching day (7th August)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 g2 12 Jul 2017
I am looking for a climber to join me on July 7th in Snowdonia for a days instruction in multi pitch climbing. This is a mock assessment, and we will be accompanied by a fully qualified MIA for the day.

Other dates may be available.

I can cater for a variety of different needs, from never been multi pitch rock climbing and wanting to give it a go, to having done a fair amount of multi pitch climbing and wanting to progress a little further. You will hopefully learn lots on the day, alongside me giving you sound advice on what to do after the day, which should help you in the long term.

The usual disclaimers apply;
MIA Trainee - As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

If you are available, please email me on garrethstockton@btinternet.com

Thanks for your interest and hope to hear from you soon!

Garreth
icarlton 12 Jul 2017
In reply to g2: Hi I could do the 7th August if that's the date you need a partner. Have spa and ml loooking to do MIA
Contact me on ijcarlton@icloud.com
Ian

Peppermint91 17 Jul 2017
In reply to g2:

if you want to have more experience let me know. I work 4 on 4 off but unfortunately the 7th is my 3rd day in on shift. a bit about my history: i was climbing up to 6c+ before but have since let my climbing slip a little and so am rusty and have also i never done a multi pitch. if you're interested i will be off from the 1st to the 4th and 9th to the 12th (and so on).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...