/ skye / highlands partner for scrambles etc Early / mid august

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
barneyc - on 13 Jul 2017

Will be visiting friends in Scotland beginning / mid august.

Hoping to visit some of the mountains on the west coast, I have plenty of time on my hands.

If anyone is interested in teaming up for scrambles (for example, anything in skye cuillin, or perhaps something inspired by Dan Bailey's mountain ridges book) or alternatively some rock climbs (high and long preferred, weather permitting of course) please let me know.

About me. Been climbing since 1998, can lead HVS comfortably, E1 normally, harder occasionally. I have loads of experience in moving fast over easy terrain in the mountains (about 20 weeks summer alpine (mostly easy routes, but climbed competantly) about 10 weeks of winter alpine (mostly skitouring)) experience over last 20 yrs. I am fairly fit.

I am 37 y.o. male, married, happy to team up with somebody of any gender and age.
I do want to team up with only with people who are fit, safe and have some experience under their belt.

Please reply here or PM me if interested.

I am away in pyrenees for next two weeks and I dont have a smart phone, so there may be a delay in getting back to you, but I will get back. Thanks
Post edited at 18:21
chick mackay - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to barneyc:

Hi Barney, I live in Kyle of Lochalsh just at the Skye Bridge. I'm flexible at work so can probably get out when the weather is good. I lead VS and am quite experienced. Up for some rock climbing. mountain routes, etc.

Iain
ads.ukclimbing.com
jack_44 - on 19 Jul 2017
In reply to barneyc:

Hello Barney,

I'm moving to Scotland early August, but not starting work till 21st ish, so I have a bit of time on my hands that fit your time frame. I've sent you an email too.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.