/ MIA trainee looking for two mock students - scrambling

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
GrahamUney - on 15 Jul 2017
Hi,

I'm an MIA trainee looking for ideally two 'mock students' for a day's scrambling/easy mountaineering on Great Gable on Monday July 24th. This would suit keen hillwalkers who want to experience scrambling for the first time, or those who have done some scrambling who want more!

It'll be a morning start from Borrowdale. Please message me if you'd like one or both places.

The usual disclaimers apply;
MIA Trainee - As an MIA trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering instructor award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.
mnorm - on 17 Jul 2017
In reply to GrahamUney:
HI Graham, if the offer still stands I'm available next Monday....
GrahamUney - on 17 Jul 2017
In reply to mnorm:

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. I've filled that day though (unless I get a last minute drop-out!).

However, I'm now looking for 2 mock students for this coming Friday afternoon. This will be a multi-pitch climb (probably Sadgill Wall on Buckbarrow Crag in the Lakes), and will be partly a crag familiarisation visit for me, and an opportunity for my two students to learn or refresh skills. If you're available this Friday pm, let me know!

Cheers,

Graham
mnorm - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to GrahamUney:

Hi Graham, no worries unfortunately work beckons this Friday!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.