/ How short until it's not a boulder problem anymore?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
SenzuBean - on 16 Jul 2017
I have found some small boulders that seem to be overlooked (i.e. it seems nobody has bothered to say they've climbed routes on them). I had a play on them, and there was only really `1-3 moves per 'problem' (i.e. one is a mantel, the other is a sit-start, pulling up on a jug to reach a finger lock, then doing an easy rockover, another is a tricky mantel using sidepulls that I didn't even manage as the landing was bad and I had only running shoes - this could likely be done with a sit-start to increase the difficulty). If it were next to much better rock I wouldn't bother, but it's the only rock for miles. Do these sound too 'crap' / short / easy to be bouldering problems? Or do they 'count' but are just bottom of the barrel?
petegunn on 16 Jul 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

If they are really that short and easy I doubt that many others would bother with them, saying that, if they are the only climbable rocks near you it might be worth making a note about them on the crag page.
You don't have to document the problems, it just lets people know that they are there.
ads.ukclimbing.com
pasbury on 16 Jul 2017
In reply to SenzuBean:

They sound good for kids - short boulders can be great for them to play on wheras the emphasis in most bouldering development is always for a bit more length.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.