UKC

Campsite recommendations Pembrokeshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Morning,

I'm looking at heading to Pembrokeshire in the later half of next week and could do with some campsite recommendations if you would be so kind.
I've never been before.

Thanks

TWS

eb202 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Just returned from Pembroke and stayed in Simon's Field in Bosherston (there is an ad in the Pembroke Wired Guide) - it has toilets and a cold shower, costs £3 per person per night. There is a similar thread here which might provide other ideas:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=647582
 donuthead8 17 Jul 2017

Simon's field in Bosherton for me too. Also only a 5min walk to the pub.
 the sheep 17 Jul 2017

Stayed at Porth Clais a few years ago, nice site but the best bit is you are right by the sea cliffs for the climbing
 toad 17 Jul 2017
In reply to the sheep:
Never actually climber there, but I've stayed at Porth Clais a couple of times, and it's a big. easy site. Handy for St Davids and north coast, less so for anywhere the other side of Milford Haven
Post edited at 12:05

Caerfai Farm is really nice if you're up near St Davids.
If you're after the Bosherston etc. area, I had a very comfortable stay at Windmill Hill right near Pembroke a few years ago. It's an extra couple minutes from the climbing but at least has hot showers.
 Owen W-G 17 Jul 2017

Two choices for St Govans end of things
1. Camp in field in Bosherton for £3 a night with minimal facilities but walk to the pub
2. Camp at St Petrox farm for £7 (or so), hot showers, fridges, nicer field etc but 5mins drive from pub. Although it is further from pub, it is nearer Pembroke town, useful for morning shuttle runs to shops while the crag de-greases.

Hinges, for me, on how long trip is and whether you want showers or runs to the shops.
1 night - stay in cheap field. Longer leisurely trips, stay at Petrox.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...