/ Sleeping boards for a T5 camper pop top bed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ablackett - on 17 Jul 2017
I have just put down a deposit on a VW T5 camper, it has a pop top roof but no bed up there. I thought it was a pretty normal thing to do to stick some boards in the hole and stick a mattress on top and use it as a bed. I can't find anyone selling ready made boards.

I could obviously measure the gap buy some ply board and stick them in, but I was hoping for an off the shelf solution and something a bit more elegent.

I would be happy to have a bed installed but the chap at the dealership doesn't seem to be able to talk to the chap at the bed manufacturer to work out what we need so I would be faced with picking up the van in 2 weeks, then starting to sort the bed out, and I want it good to go in 2 weeks time!

Can anyone suggest where I can get some ready cut and covered boards made to fit a VW T5, or suggest another solution. I pick up the van on Saturday 29th July and would like it ready to go on the Monday.
La benya - on 17 Jul 2017
La benya - on 17 Jul 2017
In reply to ablackett:

... although for £500 all you seem to get is 2 bits of chip board, 2 actuators and a hinge. peoplw must have money to burn
Frank the Husky - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to ablackett: Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

http://www.vamoosecamperconversions.co.uk/

Big Ger - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

Body shaming, that's not nice! ;-)

ablackett - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to La benya:

> Your googling must be terrible

Thanks. I had found them, but was looking for just the boards which I could manually slot into the hole, not wanting to have to faff on with booking it in and have someone charges me £500 to fit a hinge!

I hadn't realised poptop were in Tyne and Wear, that will probably work out well so I will give them a call.
ablackett - on 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

Thanks, I was under the impression that because it was a Reimo roof it had to be a Reimo bed, but looks like pop top and that Barnsley outfit will slot a bed into any roof so fingers crossed I can get it sorted.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.