UKC

Eating in Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 17 Jul 2017
Can anyone recommend a couple of good restaurants please. I like French - with a preference for traditional - food with a bottle of decent wine.
I'll be there solo for two nights if that has any bearing.
Thanks.
 off-duty 17 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Bistrot des Sports on Rue Joseph Vallot, just near the city centre used to serve fairly hearty traditional French food with a pleasant atmosphere.
 Albert Tatlock 17 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Hotel Rhododendron in Le Praz.
 Pbob 17 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I thought it was de rigeur to nick bagettes from the supermarket
 Pete Houghton 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Albert Tatlock:

I'm afraid this doesn't exist, it is now Le Castel and has been for two years, where amongst other things you can buy a pizza covered with lobster for an unnecessarily high number of euros, however delicious it may be.
 Albert Tatlock 17 Jul 2017
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Oh right, will give the lobster deep pan cheese crust calzone a miss then and stick to the chap in the Pizza van who tours the campsites /markets.
 Niall_H 18 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

I'm a great fan of _La Poele_ on L'avenue de l'Aiguille du Midi
 plyometrics 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Niall_H:

+1 for that. Doesn't look much from the outside, but the food is superb. Great value too.
 Doug 18 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Its a few years since I've been in Chamonix but have pleasant memories of a couple of meals at the Hotel Eden a little out of town at Les Praz (but next to a station & if you have a visitors card travel is free). See http://hoteleden-chamonix.com/fr/eat-drink
 maxsmith 18 Jul 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

poco loco
 jon 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Albert Tatlock:

> and stick to the chap in the Pizza van who tours the campsites /markets.

Ah, that's Fanfoué. Been doing it since the 80s. He's a star: https://top10pizza.fr/0617150/Fanfoue_et__Nela_pizzas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...