UKC

Resole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marcelorl 19 Jul 2017
Folks,

After getting very upset with a resole work done here in the UK I decided to try somewhere else. Sent my shoes to Greece, after reading many good comments about it. Just received my shoes (took 2 weeks and 2 days from the day I sent, to the day i received) and the result is really good. I had two pairs resoled for the price of one! So I thought to share it with you guys, the email is fixarock@gmail.com. hope that helps.

Cheers
 Ally_McCoy 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Marcelorl:

Wish I saw this earlier! I just posted something in "Off-Belay" asking for some help.

Someone pointed me the ShoeDoc.eu (I guess the same place?) He is great, glad your experience was good I can't wait to get my favourite shoes back!!!
In reply to Marcelorl:

Hi,
I've just been in contact with George in Greece regarding a resole for a pair of La Sportiva Miura VS. Can you let me know how you paid for your resoles as I can't find a link on his website.
Thanks
Chris
 CharlieMack 17 Aug 2017
In reply to Christheclimber:

I've he'd him along with a lot of friends. Amazing service.

He does the shoes, send you pictures to make sure you're happy. Then just PayPal him and he posts them back. Quick turn around and no downsides. Super cheap too!
In reply to CharlieMack:
Cheers Charlie.
Sounds good so will try him as I was disappointed with my last resoles.
Did you use the Post Office to send them if so do you know how much postage costs?
Post edited at 18:21
 Victoriacake 17 Aug 2017

Out of interest who was the poor resole from?
 CharlieMack 17 Aug 2017

Yeah used post office. It was a tenner for two pairs. Though tidal weight was 1040g so must have bumped it over the 1kg mark.
 MischaHY 18 Aug 2017
In reply to Marcelorl:

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the carbon footprint your shoes just acquired :') Just get them in Llanberis!

Sent them to bloody Greece :')
In reply to Victoriacake:

Cheshire shoe repairs, who I've used quite a lot in the past. The resole was very good but they changed the toe profile by adding rubber to the rand which wasn't worn.
Post edited at 11:24
 Luke01 19 Aug 2017
In reply to Marcelorl:

Torquil does very good quality resoles in North Wales.

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/
 Ciro 19 Aug 2017
In reply to MischaHY:

> Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the carbon footprint your shoes just acquired :') Just get them in Llanberis!

> Sent them to bloody Greece :')

I'm all for cutting consumption of the planets' resources, but assuming this calculation is correct:

https://www.quora.com/How-much-more-fuel-will-a-plane-burn-if-its-a-little-...

Flying two pairs of shoes to Greece and back (something you will probably only do a handful of times a year) will cost about a third of a litre of aviation fuel, which would be substantially less carbon footprint than most of us accumulate every time we drive to the crag.
In reply to Marcelorl:

Thanks for the thumbs up about George in Greece. Just received my shoes back (just over 2 weeks from posting) he's done an excellent job and kept the toe profile.
 torquil 22 Sep 2017
In reply to Marcelorl:

Good to hear there are others doing decent resoles - Mike in Kalymnos does good work too if you are over there. I don't begrudge people looking for a cheaper resole, I can't compete with Euro resolers prices, rubber is cheaper over there for one as are overheads in a lot of places.

Postage miles is another story, environmental impact was one of the factors in starting my business and the idea of flying shoes around to be resoled doesn't sit well with that - but then I fly regularly so I'm as much to blame as anyone.

I'm not surprised to hear you weren't satisfied with a Cheshire job - I wont redo his work as there is no way I can make a shoe good again after he's been near it.

In general I'm happy the more good resolers that there are - slowly the myth that resoles are always rubbish is starting to go away - I'm still waiting for someone to climb 9a in mine, that was a milestone I was aiming for from the outset, currently the best is 8c+ so its getting there.

Torquil - Llanberis Resoles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...