UKC

piz badile bivi site

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 donie 19 Jul 2017
Hi.
Anyone know if theres water available at bivi spots below the north ridge on the Badile and if there are waterproof sites ??
Cheers in advance for any knowledge
Donie
 james mann 19 Jul 2017
In reply to donie:

You need to take water from the sasc fura hut which is free from a drinking trough outside. This means that you can walk in lightly laden in terms of water. There is no water on the col below the north ridge.

There is no place out of the rain, although in the event of it being very wet, descent would probably be the preferred option! It is reasonably flat and free from stone fall danger.

James
 Rick Graham 19 Jul 2017
In reply to james mann:

As you say, no shelter after the hut.

On the two occasions I have been up there, always managed to find a trickle about three quarters of the way from the hut to the col.
 lanky 19 Jul 2017
In reply to donie:

I've been up there a couple of times and found water both times from snow melt. There are loads of bivvy sites some under big boulders with walls built on the sides that would of some rain protection
 Jeff Ingman 20 Jul 2017
In reply to lanky:
I agree with lanky, I was up there 3 years ago and we found plenty of melt water at the base of the ridge where the climbing actually starts. Also, there were bivi spots amongst the boulders that poke through the snow about 5 mins below the ridge proper. These bivis were sheltered from the wind but you'll get wet if it rains so take a bivi sack. Hope you enjoy it......Jeff
OP donie 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Jeff Ingman:

Thanks everyone
Donie
 Hidden 26 Jul 2017
In reply to donie:

There was a welcome trickle up there last week. It's on the slabs under the snow.

There's loads of bivvy spots but you'll need to hunt if you're looking for a roof!
 TimhNorthBASE 02 Aug 2017
In reply to donie:

yeah sometimes a trickle of water but don't rely on it, also we found quite a few sheltered cave like bivi spots on the ridge to your left as you near the col. if the weather is good bivi at the amazing spot on the col.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...