UKC

Different size toe knuckles and the right shoe for it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tareq 23 Jul 2017
Several years ago, I was stupid enough to kick an obscure metal pipe, resulting in a slightly larger and protruding toe knuckle on my right foot. This hasnt been an issue up until I wore rock climbing shoes, which caused pain and discomfort in my right foot. I was wondering if there are any shoes out there that accomodate a difference in size between both feet, ideally i'd like shoes that either provide enough space for toe knuckles, or can be adjusted in a way that works for both my feet. Thanks guys and have a great life.
 Pedro50 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Tareq:

Unlined shoes or slippers will stretch to fit as required. Something like this: MoccAsym Climbing Shoe
 oldie 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Tareq:

Buy different size shoes? There was a post here recently: "Odd sized shoes" I think.
Or possibly cut a hole over toe knuckle ( to protect skin from rock put plaster pad over knuckle if necessary). Try it on old shoes first!
 lorentz 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Tareq:

I have a similar issues on a toe knuckle on my left foot. Have found using brute force and a blunt ended instrument (the end of a wooden spoon, I think) to stretch the shoe slightly in the relevant pinch point helped to relieve the pressure. Go easy with it though. Less is more. Occasionally have used a bit of finger tape loosely wound over affected area to take some of the sting out of shoe pain too. Good luck with it.
Tareq 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Pedro50:

Thanks Pedro, I looked into the evolv raptor and it had a lot of the things that you recommended. I'll keep your advice in mind while im searching, it was very helpful.
Tareq 23 Jul 2017
In reply to lorentz:

Damn lorentz that must have sucked, hope your foot isnt giving you too much trouble. Ill definitely try that if the new shoes I get are too tight, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Tareq 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Simon2005:

This is great Simon i'll have that page bookmarked. Thanks a bunch
Tareq 23 Jul 2017
In reply to oldie:

Interesting, in the extreme case that my shoes refuse to fit regardless of what I try, i'll go ahead and cut a hole in them o.O
Thanks for the advice, as for the different size shoes, ive never seen that done so i'll have to ask and see whats possible
 Greasy Prusiks 23 Jul 2017
In reply to Tareq:
Perhaps try some lace ups? Something like the anasazi pinks can be loosened around the toes but kept tight around the top of the foot. Anasazis are quite tight on the toes though.
Post edited at 21:55
Fautor 24 Jul 2017
In reply to Tareq:
It is possible to order Evolv shoes in split sizes at their website. Will cost you 30 dollars extra but it might be worth it if they have a model that fits well.

The Shaman/Shakra might be good with its lovebump/knucklebox design
Post edited at 06:44
 MischaHY 24 Jul 2017
In reply to Fautor:

Was just about to mention this. Especially the Shaman has a big toe box.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...