UKC

Pain in the ball of foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 23 Jul 2017
Had this going pain in the ball of my for a few weeks now.
Its not plantar fasciitis, had that before. its just localised in pad under the ball of my foot.
Feels a bit like a stone in my shoe.

Any ideas? shoes our only a few months old and would have done less than 400 miles.
Removed User 23 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Corn / callus / verrucae?
 streapadair 23 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Sesamoiditis? No, I'd never heard of it either till I started getting a random sharp pain just behind the ball of one foot, and that's what the podiatrist diagnosed.
 Adrian Daniels 24 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Look up Morton's Neuroma, sounds like it could be that.
 SAF 24 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Dropped metatarsal heads, and metatarsalgia makes me feel like I am walking on pebbles, and at its worst like someone was sticking red hot knives up between the little joints in the balls of my feet.

Got custom orthotic insoles made about a year ago and they are great, feet slowly getting better (but I did leave it way too long before getting them seen to).
 Roadrunner5 31 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Neuroma?

Obviously get a scan? See a physio.

I had something similar and it was mortons neuroma.

But it can be anything. Dont ask UKC..
 Ava Adore 31 Jul 2017
In reply to goldmember:

Mortons Neuroma is generally a localised pain (ie doesn't move about) on ball of foot below and between 3rd/4th toes. If it gets really bad, you can either have an injection (apparently hurts like f...) or have an operation to remove it (preferably with surgeon going in top of foot to avoid an uncomfortable scar on the underside of your foot). However, my podiatrist advised to get wider shoes (it can be caused by foot being crushed sideways) which should stop it getting worse and may even get rid of it altogether. Massaging/icing help. Mine doesn't give so much pain that I can't run so I'm following the wide shoe advice and largely ignoring the pain.
 Ava Adore 31 Jul 2017
In reply to streapadair:

> Sesamoiditis? No, I'd never heard of it either till I started getting a random sharp pain just behind the ball of one foot, and that's what the podiatrist diagnosed.

I understand sesamoiditis is ball of the foot under the big toe specifically.

I guess it depends where goldmember's pain is.
 Roadrunner5 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Ava Adore: mine advised a tighter shoe against all traditional advice.

It's the same idea as wider shoes but a tighter shoe squeezes the metatarsals into an arch thereby spreading the bones. It worked for me anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...