UKC

Dog friendly crag in Pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike_d78 24 Jul 2017
Hi everyone, planning to go to Pembroke next week. Hopefully I will get some climbing in, but I'll have a couple of dogs with me. Does anyone have any recommendations for good destinations, not bothered whether they are sport or trad?

Ta!
 trouserburp 24 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:
Can't think of anywhere good but Manzoku area of Stennis head ok and maybe saddle head and Crystal slabs.
Reasonably agile dogs?

-they'll feel very isolated at the latter two when you get to the top
Post edited at 17:06
 John2 24 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:

Most people tie their dogs to their rucksacks, possibly with some form of sun shade.
OP Mike_d78 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:

Hi, thanks for the replies. Sounds a bit limited for dog friendliness! What about the Gower? Thinking also of Shipwreck Cove?
 SuperLee1985 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:
The rock on the walk-down at saddle head is very sharp, I'd be worried about the dog's feet getting cut to shreds.
Gower is probably a better option, only been the once but both crags we visited had very easy access, three cliffs bay has a nice beach they can run around on and on boiler slab they'd easily be able to run between the top and bottom.
 trouserburp 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:

Gower has some much better options on the beach. Just, obviously, remember it's tidal if you tie the dogs to your rucsack on the beach! Have had to wade for bags before
OP Mike_d78 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:

Great thanks for the advice, Gower it is then!
 Anoetic 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Mike_d78:

Don't forget the dog bans over the summer period on most of the Gower beaches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...