UKC

Chee Tor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rocksol 24 Jul 2017
Anyone know which routes are currently clean and has the peg on Ceramic direct been replaced as I seem to remember it was the only pro until above the difficulties
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 24 Jul 2017
In reply to rocksol:

> ......and has the peg on Ceramic direct been replaced as I seem to remember it was the only pro until above the difficulties

Go for it Phil!
 Adam Long 25 Jul 2017
In reply to rocksol:

Pretty sure it is has not, but getting to it is harder and steeper than anything after. Seem to remember a cam in an undercut a move or two higher, then a crack to finish.
In reply to rocksol:

The following thread might be of interest: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=664004

It's been a month or so since I was last there, and Ceramic Extension was on the 'to-do' list; however, when I went to give it a clean I abseiled down in the wrong spot. Ordinarily I wouldn't mind, but this was my second attempt - a wondrous display of my own ineptitude. The rest of the crag was in pretty good nick, with a lot of the routes having received multiple ascents.

Hopefully I'll get back there to give Ceramic Extension some TLC, as it's been on the list for ages and somewhat inexcusable I haven't got round to doing it yet (I'll post back here as/when I do).

Have fun if you get on it between now and then!
 Adam Long 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Sounds like providence is trying to protect your onsight to me Rob!
In reply to Adam Long:

The worst case scenario is that someone gets there before me, thus I feel contractually obliged to give it a go.

Been up there twice now on the ground-up, but haven't really been sure where I'm going - something that's made even less clear due to the quantity of dust.

Excuses, excuses...
 Adam Long 25 Jul 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Go straight up from the thread for a couple of metres, then move right. It is a bit blind getting started, but holds do appear. Pretty sure my form at the time was not a patch on yours currently.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...