UKC

Reciprocal rights, Swiss Huts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pec 26 Jul 2017
Do Swiss alpine Club huts offer reciprocal rights for BMC members?
I'm assuming CAF and CAI do. I'm afraid as the bones creak more and more with the passage of the years I might have to avail myself of their facilities rather than bivying this summer.
Deadeye 26 Jul 2017
In reply to pec:

The Swiss Alpine Club ones offer varying amounts of discount. The private ones offer no discount.
 jon 26 Jul 2017
In reply to pec:
Being a member of the BMC isn't enough. You need the reciprocal rights card as well. This is also true for French and Italian huts.
Post edited at 17:37
 jonnie3430 26 Jul 2017
In reply to jon:
If you've joined the Austrian alpine club for the insurance, you get reciprocal rights too.

To pec, not Jon.
Post edited at 17:44
 colinakmc 26 Jul 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

Doesn't make a huge difference anyway, it's still mega expensive. You get a discount on the bed but not the board.
OP pec 26 Jul 2017
In reply to jon:

> Being a member of the BMC isn't enough. You need the reciprocal rights card as well. This is also true for French and Italian huts.

How do you go about getting a reciprocal rights card? I suspect it's too late anyway, I'm driving down in the morning.
Thanks for all the other replies.
 nathan79 27 Jul 2017
In reply to colinakmc:

I paid 15/20CHF more than my AAC member compadres at the Allmagellerhütte earlier this month. Still not cheap but I consider that a decent saving.
MarkJH 27 Jul 2017
In reply to pec:

In Switzerland, guardians will sometimes (mostly?) give you the discounted rate just with a BMC membership card.
 nathan79 27 Jul 2017
In reply to MarkJH:

Yeah, this was the case at the Allmagellerhutte.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...