UKC

Work in chamonix france

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnboy87 26 Jul 2017

I am looking at moving to chamonix over the summer of next year and wondered if any one knows how easy it is to find work. I am a British fully qualified plumbing and heating engineer and would like to find work within the building industry. Thanks
Post edited at 18:08
Phil Payne 26 Jul 2017
In reply to johnboy87:

If you're any good, just head over with a van full of tools and set yourself up as an auto-entrepreneur and you will have loads of work. I've been in France for nearly 11 years now and still haven't found a single decent tradesman.
 peebles boy 26 Jul 2017
In reply to johnboy87:

Depends if you also speak French....
If not, you'll be pretty limited to work with British based holiday companies. Having mates who work for holiday companies/UK based companies operating the Alps, the chat seems to be that "the maintenance guy" for a resort/set of hotels/chalets is always one of the best paid roles. Though compared to the guys who are doing a seasonaire job, my first paper round was a well paid job!
In reply to johnboy87:

How's your French?

I know folks who got good summer work labouring (pays quite well). Not sure about plumbing and heating, I'd imagine you'd need to be locally qualified??
 Rob Exile Ward 26 Jul 2017
In reply to johnboy87:

First thing: weld yourself a suit of full body armour. Second: just hint on here that you are available to look at plumbing and heating jobs. Third: Hope that your armour is enough to protect you against the avalanche of demands that will otherwise crush you once you put your head above the parapet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...