UKC

Mont Blanc from the Torino Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bootsy 26 Jul 2017
A question on which I would appreciate advice / comments....

I have been looking in the guidebooks, online and on the forum but can't find a definitive answer to whether it is possible (or perhaps I should say realistic / practical) to go for the summit of Mont Blanc starting from the Torino Hut? I am wondering about the possibility of going Torino Hut - Col des Flambeux - Tacul-Maudit cirque - exit via the headwall and descent / traverse to join the NE Ridge / Trois Monts route.

If anyone has experience of doing it or even a view about the time and or difficulties involved it would be much appreciated.
 summo 27 Jul 2017
In reply to Bootsy:

Even if you could find a safe line up through the steep snow, crevasses, bergschrunds, headwalls, dodge anything that breaks away etc.. it sounds like a complete slog fest and not a line I've ever heard anyone ever consider before. It's very steep complex and potentially dangerous terrain.

Search up Brenva spur(the line changes) or frontiers ridge.

Or just do the 3 summits route.
Bserk 27 Jul 2017
In reply to Bootsy:

ummm Arete du Diable and then join Trois Monts route? Might be a very long day Diable 6-9 hours, Trois Monts 6-9 hours.

Haven't done it but sounds like a fun idea!
 JHolland 27 Jul 2017
In reply to Bootsy:

As mentioned above, the frontier(kuffner) ridge can be continued to the summit via the upper section of the trois monts route, probably the most logical route from that area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...