UKC

Backing up photos in the field?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 28 Jul 2017

Looks like the gnarbox that was touted of kickstarter is now for sale, and it does look impressive in its build quality and features.

Just thought that some of you may be interested if you are away from home for quite a while and you want to back your photos and videos. You can even do some editing before publishing all the way up to 4k.

https://www.gnarbox.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=yHNDB-TZNas&
vimeo.com/149879206
Post edited at 20:20
 drgrange 28 Jul 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Shame it doesn't support 25p (standard video frame rate). Looks great otherwise
OP The Lemming 29 Jul 2017
In reply to drgrange:

> Shame it doesn't support 25p (standard video frame rate). Looks great otherwise

If I got such a box, then I'd just use it for storage rather than for its limited video editing capabilities.
kmhphoto 29 Jul 2017
In reply to drgrange:

It does support 25fps though I wouldn't recommend buying one as there are far better options available.
 PPP 29 Jul 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Most modern cameras now have WiFi...
kmhphoto 29 Jul 2017
In reply to PPP:

The Gnarbox, is designed to facilitate the backup of up to 128gb of images/video and there are other options that offer far more - I use WD 4GB Passport Pro's.
Wifi is fine for a few images but there are far faster and more reliable methods available.
In reply to The Lemming:
Interesting to note as I'm on the look out for something for backing up photos, but for this purpose alone this seems expensive especially when import duties and tax are to be added to the price. Maybe if you were to use the editing. Battery life quoted seems low though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...