/ Allalinhorn current condition

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L TEdwards on 29 Jul 2017
I'm heading to the alps in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the current condition of climbing Allalinhorn on the usual route from the Metro?
nathan79 - on 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Couple of weeks old but it was okay when I did it. A few obvious crevasses, one big one where they've stuck in a big wooden ladder to get over it.
streapadair - on 29 Jul 2017
In reply to nathan79:

Did you happen to notice how the glacier crossing to the Hohlaubgrat was looking, or hear any reports?
Lakeslina on 29 Jul 2017
In reply to streapadair:

We did the Hohlaubgrat 2 weeks ago and the glacier was fine - a couple of small snow bridges, and one slightly trickier one, but nothing too awful. We had a super day.
Fellover - on 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

It's fine, about a million people did it today, including a soloist and a dog. Don't know about the Hohlaubgrat condition but a few people did it today as well, so imagine it's ok.
streapadair - on 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Thanks, people. The glacier was near as dammit dry when I did the route before, but that had been a very hot summer.
ROB W - on 01 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Check out alpinerob face book page think he was over there at weekend or before.
ads.ukclimbing.com
L TEdwards on 07 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Thanks guys, all really helpful.
Pigeon Reaper - on 07 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

I did it last week and conditions were excellent. Temps have been high and are causing lots of problems due to melting ice and permafrost on other mountains.
Ardo - on 10 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Did it yesterday and all fine. Plenty busy, with bridge still in place.
Lakesben - on 12 Aug 2017
In reply to Ardo:

Anyone know the conditions now (12/8) after the recent snow. Planning to go up tomorrow and just wondering of anyone has any info
L Blackcountrybill - on 13 Aug 2017
In reply to Lakesben:

Lots of people up yesterday by various routes. All looks good.
Lakesben - on 13 Aug 2017
In reply to Blackcountrybill:
Thanks. Busy agsin today and great weather

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.