UKC

Restaurant ideas - Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 31 Jul 2017
I'm looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special ocassion. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get a table at either The French or Manchester House on the required date. I would be happy to stump up for a hotel, if there is a really good suggested out of the city, but not too far, I we have to be in Rochdale the following morning.

Thanks in advance.
 wilkie14c 31 Jul 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

if all guests are happy with indian you won't do worse that Akbars, opposite the science museum. It's where a lot of indian families eat and that tells you a lot about an indian restaurant
J1234 31 Jul 2017

In the great tradition of UKC can I suggest 2 ideas not in manchester. We like the sampler menu at nutters and at £44 you know what your in for, and meal on the East lancs Railway are excellent but really only any good for 2 or 4,
OP The New NickB 31 Jul 2017
In reply to J1234:

Both good suggestions and both nearer to me than Manchester, I'd considered Nutters or even his new place, but been a couple of times and fancy somewhere new. I do some work with the ELR, so it would feel like work.

Try Mr Thomas' chop house. Excellent food, tasty beer and central. Their corned beef hash is particularly tasty.

http://tomschophouse.com

T.
J1234 31 Jul 2017

One of my posh friends who knows his scoff recommends 63 degree North in the Northern Quarter
In reply to J1234:

> One of my posh friends who knows his scoff recommends 63 degree North in the Northern Quarter

That looks a good call.
 climb41 31 Jul 2017

The Rabbit in the Moon? Depending on how adventurous your tastes are?

Tyler 31 Jul 2017

I know this is a bit outside the brief but I live near you and tend to head north to the Ribble Valley or Trough of Bowland on occasions like this, Mitton Hall and Inn at Whitewell both have a sense of occasion and do rooms. Three Fishes is highly recommended but I've never been. I don't think they provide the fine dining experiences you get at the two you mentioned but they are nice places to be.
In reply to Tyler:

Thanks, had considered the Inn at Whitewell, but with the time constraints the following day, thought it was maybe a bit far away.
 plyometrics 31 Jul 2017

Hawksmoor is worth looking at.
 Bulls Crack 31 Jul 2017

Guessing you're looking for somewhere fairly classy if you've looked at he French/Manchester House?! It would take over an hour maybe from Whtewell to Rochdale -great food though and a lovey place.

The Armenian restaurant in Albert square used to be very good and convivial but its a long long time since I've been. http://www.armeniantaverna.co.uk/

Thank you to everyone who has suggested somewhere. I've booked at 63 Degrees North.
In reply to plyometrics:

I've been meaning to go to the Hawksmoor for ages, probably not quite right for this ocassion, but definately one for the future.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...