UKC

insurance for worldwide indefinite duration

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ian bryant 01 Aug 2017
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of getting good insurance cover for lengthy climbing road trips e.g. 3 to 12 months either in Europe or elsewhere (but not necessarily to the greater ranges)?
Austrian alpine club standard cover is great value but is limited to the first 8 weeks of any trip. It's possible to extend with the AAC but only upto 4 months and it's quite expensive in comparison.
BMC and Snowcard are extremely expensive for single trip cover of several months or more and the annual policies are limited to 90 days abroad in any year.
Standard travel insurance is available at a decent price for a year but it wouldn't cover rescue costs or hazardous activities etc.
Thanks
Ian
 JayPee630 01 Aug 2017
In reply to ian bryant:

It just is really expensive. Unless you get travel insurance and then top up with another policy as you need it for short periods, and you'd have to look into the legitimacy of that too.
 jimmccall 01 Aug 2017
In reply to ian bryant:

Hello Ian,
I have a policy with Gouda that a friend put me on to... it's not normal holiday insurance (so normal holiday insurance for your property and flights required, but I have this cover already through my bank so back to back, it works for me), only casualty search and rescue and evacuation (the important stuff) ... and I haven't tested it, but have no reason doubt it... And it is very reasonable. My cover includes ski, glacier travel and technical alpine climbing. I called them and talked them through a recent alpine trip... and they were happy to cover me and I am happy to recommend them on the strength of that. They are Scandinavian based (my neck of the woods) but I presume they are happy to cover international travelers... And they seem very flexible. I would be keen to know if they matched your needs. Details below...
And good luck on the trip.
Jim
http://www.goudainternational.com/
OP ian bryant 02 Aug 2017
In reply to JayPee630:

Thanks both.
I'll check out gouda......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...