UKC

Finale Ligure Guide Book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ezra_Byrne 04 Aug 2017
Hi... Currently planning a trip to Finale Ligure and wanting to get a guide book for the area. There seems to be two equally decent looking guides so was wondering whether anyone could recommend one over the other..?!

These were the two:

https://rockrun.com/products/finale-climbing

https://rockrun.com/products/finale-8-0

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

In reply to Ezra_Byrne:

Hi Ezra,

I can't speak for the Versante Sud guide, but Finale 8.0 is a truly terrible guide.

Also, I'm not sure how set you are on Finale Ligure but I would highly recommend visiting - or even staying - up in Oltra Finale. I think it's generally accepted that the climbing up there is better (that's what I'd heard and that's exactly what I thought when visiting the two areas).
 CPH 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

When is the Rockfax guide due out?
 kingborris 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Ezra_Byrne:

The thomassini guide is much more recent and includes quite a bit of new development. I've used the older version and found it generally good
In reply to CPH:

I know James Rushforth is working on it currently, but am not sure of the ETA.
cb294 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Ezra_Byrne:

Versante Sud all the time, the Finale 8.0 guide is rubbish in three languages....

CB
In reply to cb294:

I'm glad it's not just me
OP Ezra_Byrne 05 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Nice one Rob. Not at all set on Finale Ligure - more set on the rough area as have friends that will be there for a while - so will definitely have a look at Oltra Finale.

Cheers for the recommendation.
 DanielJ 05 Aug 2017
In reply to Ezra_Byrne:
The new guide by Tomassini is good and very comprehensive for Finale area. Theres been quite a lot of development in the area and this guide covers all the new crags. (Nothing from Oltrefinale though)
 CPH 05 Aug 2017
In reply to cb294:

aah, I thought it was just me; never seemed to be able to find a crag easily using the 8.0 guide!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...