UKC

Inane drivel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 06 Aug 2017
Its seems a few of you think my communications on here on are nothing less than drivel ( i happen to see a lot of that from many other areas, but I chose not to criticise or attack others) . As a result I just thought I'd take a break from the forum, just to make you happier. Hope your experiences on UKC are ever richer and enjoyable without my presence.

I am not posting on here to take 'shit' from any you.
 wbo 06 Aug 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor: ergo the personal email to take it off forum?

To be honest your Topi?ov, starting points are usually too vague In nature (if not badly informed) to provoke the discussions you might want- you can take that as constructive criticism if you want

Stichtplate 06 Aug 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:
I like your posts. Though I don't view the world as you do, ukc would be blander/poorer without your input.

Edit: you got a like for the posts, not the taking a break bit.
Post edited at 12:53
 AllanMac 06 Aug 2017
I think it's a shame you are going. You've brought a lot of interesting stuff to the forum.

It might be true that the more 'shit' you are receiving could be indicative both of the foresight and prescience of your topics, tainted by the intolerance and bigotry from the usual suspects on here, who think ad hominem is a legitimate form of refutation.

I myself don't post here very often for those reasons, plus the realisation that there is a chronic inability in many to 'debate' without resorting to angry personal attacks.

I wish you well.
Post edited at 13:17
 Greasy Prusiks 06 Aug 2017

I sometimes found your posts hard to understand but you were never nasty or bullying to people which is far more important in my opinion.

Enjoy whatever you do instead but as far as I'm concerned you're welcome back anytime.
 ThunderCat 06 Aug 2017

Using social media to announce your departure from social media.. Seems a little lame and sulky. Just my opinion of course.
Deadeye 06 Aug 2017
Bye. Shut the door on the way out.
Post edited at 16:54
 Jon Stewart 06 Aug 2017

If people don't want to read inane drivel, what the f*ck are they doing on the internet? As others have said, I object to people who are unpleasant (and at worst bullying), not to those who seem like decent people...
cb294 06 Aug 2017

Too bad, I liked to see your posts, you did raise some interesting points even though I did not always agree,

CB
 ERB 06 Aug 2017

Could never understand why you would want to post on a primerally a climbing forum about your political views, it's not just you the other week someone was selling a chrome bin on UKC climbing seems to have taken a back seat to basically shite.

Mark
 Stichtplate 06 Aug 2017
In reply to ERB:

> Could never understand why you would want to post on a primerally a climbing forum about your political views, it's not just you the other week someone was selling a chrome bin on UKC climbing seems to have taken a back seat to basically shite.

> Mark

Off Belay- general non-climbing discussion.

... that is fairly clear, isn't it?
 TMM 06 Aug 2017

I have a three year old daughter and this feels a little bottom lip out to me.

You are referencing a quote from your post attempting to make a £100 sale on library of books which consisted of just 8 listed titles. The feedback might have felt harsh from your perspective but it seemed well intentioned to help you elicit the sale you wanted.

Enjoy your break, and i hope you come back. UKC is a great community and has been a wonderful resource of all manner of issues in the past for me.
 ERB 06 Aug 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I didn't think it would be long before someone who's more interested in being in the top 40 posters rather than Climbing replied.

Mark
 Stichtplate 06 Aug 2017
In reply to ERB:

> Could never understand why you would want to post on a primerally a climbing forum about your political views,

.... says someone who's replied to one of icedocter's political posts stating his political views.

Are you confused or just a hypocrite?
 ERB 06 Aug 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I'm trying to catch up to you at number 9 of the top 10 posters of shite on UKC
 Stichtplate 06 Aug 2017
In reply to ERB:

> I'm trying to catch up to you at number 9 of the top 10 posters of shite on UKC

One of the reasons I like this forum is that I learn new stuff, like the phrase ad hominem. A technique employed by asshats when they can't come up with a good argument.
 FactorXXX 06 Aug 2017

Oh bugger, I've just bought shares in a Tin-Foil Hat business!
In reply to Stichtplate:

> One of the reasons I like this forum is that I learn new stuff, like the phrase ad hominem. A technique employed by asshats when they can't come up with a good argument.

>

Along with straw man and tin-foil hats!

Oh, evening Factor XXX
Clauso 06 Aug 2017

Tatty bye, I hope that you use your new-found time to find a cure for ice.
 bouldery bits 06 Aug 2017

That's a shame like.
I hope someone buys your books.

Also, cheer up. It's only the internet. Go outside!

BB

Big Ger 07 Aug 2017

I'm sorry, but I'm probably one of those here who were seen as "bullying" you.

I found your repetitive and monotonous threads slightly daft and rather obsessive, and responded to them as just that.

I hope you enjoy your break, and come back refreshed.
 subtle 11 Aug 2017

We miss you!
 Timmd 11 Aug 2017
Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Post edited at 12:25
 krikoman 11 Aug 2017

Really!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...