/ Partners in Worcester or nearby?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
drysori - on 06 Aug 2017
I've just moved down to Malvern and don't currently know any climbers locally.

I'm keen to climb sport or trad (up to 7c or E5) in the Wye/Avon or other South West areas. Would also like to grab a couple of days at Nesscliff. If anyone's open to meeting up for a climb in the future drop me a message. I'm free weekends but also some days during the week, and work quite flexibly so can be available on good weather days.

cwarby - on 06 Aug 2017
In reply to drysori:

I live Evesham, but train at Redpoint Worcester. They have a partners group for the wall, but use it for outside as well. I work erratic shifts and get week days off so may give you a shout.
Whatever and whoever you meet, would recommend Brean and Cheddar for your grades. New Quarry avon is not bad and good routes on GO wall wintours, Ban-y-gor or South Wales sandstone e.g Sirrhowy also recommended.
Chris
drysori - on 06 Aug 2017
In reply to cwarby:

Cheers. I used to live in south Wales so fairly familiar with the Wye and valleys, done a bit at Brean but nothing in Cheddar. Keen to get a few of the bigger ticks on GO Wall done this autumn.
Dom Goodwin - on 07 Aug 2017
In reply to drysori:

Hi, I also live in Malvern, and have a fairly good knowledge of the crags in the Malvern Hills as I've been exploring them for a while. The climbing round here is not great (but better than nothing!), and I don't think there's anything above E1, though I have come across some possibilities not in the guidebook. I can climb pretty much any time, but we are worlds apart in terms of standard, so probably not much use!

Cheers
Dom
martinlevya82 - on 09 Aug 2017
In reply to drysori:

Hi, I'm looking to do some climbing, preferably trad, in the Wye Valley this weekend. Don't quite lead 7c or E5 more like HVS or 6b! Can second British 5c. Give me a shout if you're interested zero 752215933four.

Cheers,
Martin
nickyprice77 - on 29 Aug 2017
In reply to drysori:

Hey
I'm moving to Worcester September the 18th and keen to find climbing buddies.
I'll be working 9-5 Monday to Friday but climb twice in the week and at wknds.
Drop me a line if you or anyone fancies arranging something.
Cheers
Nicky
Dom Goodwin - on 30 Aug 2017
In reply to nickyprice77:

Hi Nicky
I live in Malvern and know some of the crags on the Malvern Hills pretty well. To be honest, it's not the greatest climbing, but from Worcester it's your nearest crags, about 10 mins on the train, so worth a visit if you're keen to climb outdoors locally. Happy to show you around, it would make a nice change from soloing!
I'm often about and usually happy to go climbing 24/7 if the weather is good, so if you or anyone else fancies it, let me know...
Cheers
Dom
Cjreid - on 30 Aug 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

Hi
my family and i have just started climbing and went to Malvern for a look around we have bought some rope but not sure on setting up some top rope climbing, we climb 2 times a week at redpoint worc but we are keep to get some outdoor practice, as you say the climbs are not the best but we are eager to try and to build some confidence in placing anchors thank you
cj
In reply to Cjreid:

Hi cj, happy to help. Let me know when you'd like to go, and can see if we can fix something up. Looks like the weather might be ok on Friday or Saturday if either of those works for you. Some of the crags/climbs are easier to set up than others. Westminster Arms Quarry might be a good place to start as there's a variety of standards/lengths available, and the rock is reasonably sound.

Cheers
Dom
Cjreid - on 30 Aug 2017
Thank you so much for getting back to me I really appreciate it, I can’t do this weekend as we are going to pick up some indoor climbing panels for my sons bedroom but will see what the weather looks like for next week if that’s ok

Cj
Also if you wanted someone to belay for you indoor let me know I am happy to help
In reply to Cjreid:

ok, feel free to suggest anything that works for you nearer the time. I'm generally pretty flexible to go climbing most of the time. I haven't climbed indoors for years, much more at home outside!

Cheers
Dom
nickyprice77 - on 31 Aug 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

That's great Dom, thanks.
Soloing ey?????? Yikes!!!
Do you or other Worcester climbers go to Chepstow much?
I'll also be keen to find people for some 4x4 training at RP.
Cheers
Nicky
Dom Goodwin - on 01 Sep 2017

Hi Nicky
Many Malvern crags are fairly low, so well suited for soloing or bouldering, especially when I manage to pick the ones with the difficulties lower down, a bit scary a couple of times when I've got this the wrong way round!
Currently, I mostly climb in the Malverns or much further afield (typically Snowdonia or the Alps). I'd definitely be up for exploring some new places more locally, would be great to go to Chepstow or elsewhere some time.
I normally climb outdoors, but happy to give indoors a go.
Cheers
Dom
nickyprice77 - on 04 Sep 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

Dom
That's fantastic!
As soon as I'm in Worcester I'll pm u to arrange something.
Yey
Nicky
emma1987 - on 05 Sep 2017

Nicky - are you coming back from Scotland?? Lets go out when you're free
Cjreid - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to emma1987:

Hi nicky my wife son and i all climb at redpoint worcester all the staff are super friendly it would be niceto meet up there and hopfuly meet up with dom too, they have a cafe with good coffee
nickyprice77 - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to emma1987:

That would be great Emma!
You can save the draws on the stuff I can't get up!
I'm driving now too!
You're adventures look brilliamt. Will be good to catch up. X
nickyprice77 - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

Cjreid.
Definitely up for meeting up at redpoint.
I'll be going Tue and Thurs eves after work.
Would be good to get some belay buddies.
Great
Dom Goodwin - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

Hi Cj, would be great to get outdoors, but also happy to give indoors a go some time (especially if the current weather continues!) with you, Nicky, or anyone else...

Cheers
Dom
Cjreid - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

hi dom hope all is well, we have been out and bought a rope bag slings and some beaners, some gear and no idea lol, what are you upto sunday mate weather permiting or just a walk up the malverns

cj
Dom Goodwin - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

Hi CJ, Sunday may be possible, not quite sure yet as I've got some provisional weather dependent arrangements further afield, but suspect they won't work out as the forecast isn't looking great for the higher hills... Certainly worth giving me a shout nearer the time.
Cjreid - on 07 Sep 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

Hi Dom how has your week been how do you feel about Sunday or the closest sport route
Cheers cj
Dom Goodwin - on 07 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

Hi Cj, have pm'd you.
Cjreid - on 17 Sep 2017
In reply to Dom Goodwin:

Thank you so much for meeting me and my son today we had a great time and your help was much appreciated your knowledge of the Crag was excellent see you soon
Cj
Dom Goodwin - on 18 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

Cheers, it was a good day out, hope your wife can make it next time!
nickyprice77 - on 20 Sep 2017
In reply to drysori:

Hey all
If anyone fancies some routes, I'll be climbing at Redpoint tomo eve from 6.
ta
Rock to Fakey - on 21 Sep 2017
In reply to Cjreid:

>bought a rope bag slings and some beaners

Ha! never seen them spelt that way before! possibly spring beaners? no, more likely to be runner beaners! Makes sense now, the spelling works fine. ;)

Cjreid - on 21 Sep 2017
In reply to Rock to Fakey:

Lol lesdistic I mean (dyslexic) is a bitch ????

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.