UKC

Best Photo Uploading/sharing site

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 07 Aug 2017
Hello,

Just wondering what people use to upload their photos to?

Just created an instagram account and that appears to not allow me to upload from a PC (I may be doing something wrong - all it offers me is the option to follow people)

Flickr - I have an old account I used to use - but is anyone still using this? (vaguely remember something dodgy with copyright going on)

Cheers
 Fraser 08 Aug 2017
In reply to balmybaldwin:

I still use flickr and find it ideal for my requirements. Admittedly these are fairly basic. What is it you want to be able to do, apart from upload from pc?
 rockcatch 08 Aug 2017

I still use Flickr and haven't had any problems with it. During an update it became more difficult to work out how to embed a specific photo in posts on another forum, but it is still possible.
 ChrisJD 08 Aug 2017

Sill liking Flickr. Used Google Photos for a while, but Flickr was better with Albums.

You can also upload direct to FLickr from LR if you use it. I use this plugin (better than LR default):

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr

Another vote for Flickr. I think it's a terabyte of storage for free. There's a Windows program called Flickrsync which makes it easy to sync photos on your PC with Flickr.
 Alyson 08 Aug 2017

It's a while since I reviewed the Ts&C's but I think Instagram is much dodgier copyright-wise than Flickr.
 HeMa 08 Aug 2017

> Just created an instagram account and that appears to not allow me to upload from a PC (I may be doing something wrong - all it offers me is the option to follow people)

Well, you're supposed to do the pentagram pics using the mobile apps (iOS or Android), not from your computer... That said, there are plugins e.g. for Lightroom to publish into pentagram.

And I use mainly instagram for pics.

For better pics, and "photoblogs", I use VSCO (again, mobile app, but I think they now also have an actual PC upload webpage as well). VSCO is rather handy, as I can often simply edit the pics (using the app) on the go on a tablet (or even phone) and write a blog at the same time... Have done this a few times (but certainly not every time).

500px is also an option, that I'm considering at using in the future (offers possibility of selling pics, if you wish).
OP balmybaldwin 08 Aug 2017

Thanks all.. will continue using Flikr then and give instatwat a miss
 Russell Lovett 09 Aug 2017

I use 500px. Its a photography critic site although its used by people of abilities. You can vote on other peoples images and they on yours, you can also follow other oeople who regularly post the same kind of images that you like by looking at there public gallery. You can also choose to put a image into the public market place where it will be offered for sale, iv done this but have never sold a sausage but it would be great ego booost if you did. Think they have a app on google play if not just google 500px and you'll find it. Its well worth checking out i love it and there are some realy good images on there from people all over the world who are not pro photographers
marryanderson322 03 Sep 2017

I am not sure but probably you can do it here http://fixthephoto.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...