UKC

Holyhead Mountain Quarry Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dilatory 08 Aug 2017
Have known there to be bolted routes here but thought it was either poorly bolted or frowned upon to climb there. Heard of a few people climbing stuff there this weekend (leaving draws in project-esque) and wondered if anyone knew if the place was being rebolted with a view to developing the area again?
 leewil86 09 Aug 2017
In reply to dilatory:

Hi , yes I read up in summit magazine that they had permission to re bolt routes on the 'physical face ' in Holyhead breakwater park , last week I popped up to see what had been done and it looks like the two routes 'the terrible thing F7c+' and 'the Crimson crimp F7b' have been rebolted and climbed since.
 Tyler 09 Aug 2017
In reply to leewil86:

Yey, I can return to Gogarth!
OP dilatory 09 Aug 2017
In reply to leewil86:

Cool, that'll be interesting to see unfold. Hope more pops up.
 leewil86 09 Aug 2017
In reply to dilatory:

Not sure if more will pop as a lot of the routes surrounding these climbs are old trad routes that probably
won't see many repeats dude to the dangerously loose blocks above, although it would be nice to see if there are possibilities where the crumbling cliff eases off a little to the left I'm sure there's a quite technical slab further in that direction that looks interesting perhaps 30m high , either way nice to see I good mix in styles of climbing in such a small area!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...