/ Alps Solo acclimatisation

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Cheese Monkey - on 09 Aug 2017

Off to the Alps soon meeting someone already well adjusted at a later date. Wondering what people would reccomend for acclimatisation trips solo? Cham area ideally. If there's nothing suitable/sensible it's no big deal but would be good to get a head start
Post edited at 10:58
Webster - on 09 Aug 2017
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

head up into the aiguille rouge walking up and down from the valley floor and do some walks/scrambles/sightseeing. plenty of scope and amazing views around the lac blanc hut in particular. the paths even involve some ladders and rungs to make it feel a bit more adventurous!

equally walking up and onto the mer de glace and argentiere glacier from the valley.

in short, go walking! get high!
MG - on 09 Aug 2017

Something I did earlier in the year that may work for you is

Day 1: Plan Glacier Hut (~2800m) 4hr, 1000m ascent, walk
Day 2: Dome de Miage (3600m), 4hr, 1200m ascent, PD (small glacier to cross but dry, and some scrambling at about II), stay at Durier Hut (3100m)
Day 3: Either return the way you came, or, if feeling bold, traverse Aig Bionassay (higher and harder, AD).
mysterion on 09 Aug 2017
Easy ones high up would be sightseeing Aiguille du Midi, night at Torino hut
Post edited at 11:45
Bserk - on 09 Aug 2017

will be arriving in Cham this Friday and have the same challenge at hand. Thought about hiking up to Tete Rousse and maybe doing stuff around Grand Montets. Drop me a message if you are free to do stuff 12/13.08.
summo on 09 Aug 2017

Solo up the easy route on the Aig. Moine. Night in the hut before and after.
Cheese Monkey - on 09 Aug 2017

Thanks for the tips guys. Day trips preferable I have limited pass for overnight trips want to save it for the big objectives
ads.ukclimbing.com
Samuel Wainwright - on 09 Aug 2017

If you can't think of anything more interesting going up the midi lift and doing star jumps at the top works pretty well!
S
Niblet on 09 Aug 2017

Arete du Petit Belvedere on Grand Montets. Do the route downwards starting from the viewing platform, and then go back up again.
betathief - on 09 Aug 2017

Mont Buet?

Aiguille Crouches traverse?

Grand Montets Ridge? Although their was a large crevasse on the decent to the route when I went up a couple of weeks ago.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.