UKC

Walking Mont Rebi gorge near Tremp in Catalonia.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 10 Aug 2017
Has anyone walked the Mont Rebi Gorge. I am very cautious taking my wife on walks as I have a rather high tolerance to exposure and she has a very low one and I have frightened her in the past which is not nice.
We have walked the Cares Gorge in the Picos and the NEW Camino Del Reay at El Chorro and she was fine with both of those, can anyone say if the Mont Rebi is more or less exposed.
Thank you.
 Tyler 10 Aug 2017
In reply to J1234:
I can't compare to the other two but I've walked it and it's pretty exposed! It's really nice and just walking until it gets exposed would be worthwhile.
 heleno 10 Aug 2017
In reply to J1234:

It depends what you mean by "exposed". If your wife is frightened of actually falling, the walkways are pretty safe and well railed in. However if she simply doesn't like looking down from heights the walkway itself is probably best avoided as the stairways cross an overhanging cliff.

Either way it's much more exposed than the Cares Gorge - but if you have the head for it it's a stunning experience even for climbers.
J1234 10 Aug 2017
In reply to heleno and Tyler:

Thank you, it sounds like we can wander along and if it starts to get too much just turn back.
 dominic o 10 Aug 2017
In reply to J1234:

There are some photos on this blog post to give you an idea of what you'd be letting yourselves in for (but like you say, you can just go as far as you feel comfortable)

https://doughton.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/passarellas-de-congost-de-montreb...

It's a really great walk - enjoy!
J1234 10 Aug 2017
In reply to dominic o:

Small world, I know stringy .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...