UKC

Alghero , Sardinia, low level traverses?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Stretford 15 Aug 2017
Hi, probably one for Sardinia locals!

I'm going on a beach/sightseeing holiday with non-climbing girlfriend. Are there any good low level traverses close to Alghero for a bit of training, or bouldering with sandy landings, just for an hour or so?

I will do the Via ferrata del Cabirol (I believe you can rent kit there), so any recommendations in that area would be great.

Just wandering whether to take my shoes really?
 Toerag 15 Aug 2017
In reply to Mike Stretford:
I suspect there would be traversing all over the whole coastline below the Ferrata, but be aware that it's often windy and rough there. I guess you can get down at the steps to the grotto (caveat - they were closed when we were there because it was so rough). There's also climbing below where you park your car for the VF. The VF is good - ridiculously exposed. Make sure you go 'out' on the lower level and 'return' on the upper. You _could_ take your GF on it as it's not technically difficult or physical, but the exposure might freak her out.
Post edited at 12:25
In reply to Toerag: Thanks Toerag, useful info. Yeah I suspect the VF will be too exposed for my gf... there's some good headcam footage on utube so I'll show her later and see if she fancies it.

Toerag 15 Aug 2017

In case you've not seen it (and for the benefit of others) http://www.ferratacabirol.it/
 Russell Lovett 15 Aug 2017

Did the VF on holiday at Alghero in June. The VF was my first ever and i did it alone (also nobody else there) it was easy to find from the car park and it was next to impossible to go the wrong way once you are on it. I found it quite easy to do and although there are a few exposed places these are short and easy to do, most of the route follows a wide ledge system in spectacular surroundings. I would say do not miss this VF and take your GF on it to as if she feels she does not like the idea of doing the laddery bit at the end of the first ledge system which is the halfway point you can just retrace your steps back to the start along the very wide but spectacular ledge system you came along. Defo both go for it. As for climbing there was climbing in the Alghero area but i was on my own with no climbing gear so did not realy check it out.
In reply to Russell Lovett: Thanks Russel, I'll see if she fancies it.

Think I'll leave the rock shoes, doesn't seem to have the Majorca/ southern Portugal type beach bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...