UKC

REVIEW: Boreal Joker Plus Lace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 Aug 2017
Boreal Joker Plus montage, 4 kbFor long days on mountain rock, or laid-back low-grade cragging sessions, this comfy and supportive shoe is easy on the feet, says Dan Bailey

Read more
 Fruit 21 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:
Good review, so good I looked to buy some from the advertiser listed below the article, Kong. They have two sizes advertised only, 10.5 and 7. Neither of which is my size so not very helpful.

The Cold Mountain link is to the Joker Lace, which I ordered before noticing it was not for the plus. This is pretty disappointing, not to say expensive and time wasting.

Post edited at 12:39
In reply to Fruit:
Hi Fruit,

Thanks for the heads-up. I've dropped Cold Mountain Kit a line so that they're aware, and added note next to their BUY NOW Link to specify it is the Joker, not the Joker Plus, that they've got in stock - hopefully this will prevent this happen again.

Hope you manage to find a pair sharp-ish.
Post edited at 14:22
 Fruit 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Cheers, Cold Mountain are going to try and get me a pair in time for my hols at the start of Sept. they've been pretty cool about it. The thing that caught my eye in the review was comfortable and the size (I'm 13.5), hence the urgent purchase.

Cheers
Fruit
 bigbobbyking 22 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

Just wondering what route the first picture is of? Looks lovely.
In reply to bigbobbyking:

Hi BigBobby, It's Sgian Dubh on Garbh Bheinn south wall, a brilliant wee Severe that we thought deserves 3 stars (it gets 2 in the SMC guide)
 bigbobbyking 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thanks, might seek that one out when I'm next up North.
 Andy Hardy 22 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is it possible for shoe manufacturers to put some actual measurements on the width / circumference of the last? I know you said "narrow", from experience I would bet good money that my feet would be rattling round like a pea in a drum.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...