UKC

Team GB in Munich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 18 Aug 2017
Good results from the last bouldering World Cup of the season. Michaela Tracy made semis, just in front of Shauna Coxey and Nathan Philips is also through in ninth place, particularly impressive given the record number of entries.

Any favourites for the ECH or World Cup?

(BTW Semis and combined ECH final are live tomorrow morning)
 JLS 18 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

Has Bosi made the cut for the euro final?

OP stp 18 Aug 2017
In reply to JLS:

Yeah, looks like he's in 17th place, just ahead of Gabriel Moroni and just behind Manu Cornu.
 AlanLittle 18 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

I was hoping to make it at least to the semis tomorrow, but my flight back from uk family holiday just got cancelled
 Pedro50 18 Aug 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

> I was hoping to make it at least to the semis tomorrow<

bad luck

OP stp 19 Aug 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

Bummer. Wouldn't you have needed a ticket though? Or can you just turn up and get them at the event? Always had the impression this event was extremely popular and you'd need advanced tickets - but it's only an impression.
OP stp 19 Aug 2017
In reply to JLS:

GB actually has four women through to the ECH final too; which is more than any other country. Pretty good going.

http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition/calendar#!comp=690...
 AlanLittle 19 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

Last time I attended live in Munich was 2014, and I think they were still selling tickets on the day. It's probably got a lot busier since though.

Semis is usually much lower attendance than the final - was v. quiet last year in Innsbruck
 JLS 19 Aug 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

I expect if your training has been inrerupted by a family holiday you'd not have been in shape to make the semis anyway. You and your coach need to work out a better plan for next season.

In reply to stp:

Tickets for today will have been sold out ages ago.

Last year in Paris the touts were selling tickets!
 JLS 19 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

If any one spots a link to video of the female euro super final, please post it up. Thanks.

In reply to JLS:

Try the IFSC Facebook page, it's just appeared there
 JLS 19 Aug 2017
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Very short with spoiler text.
Thanks anyway.
In reply to JLS:

'Very short', yes because that is how a super final works. Each athlete has a go and the highest wins. So Janja falls off the first move and Stasa is straight out fir her attempt. She held the dyno so won pretty quickly. Not sure why Janja had a 2nd go.
OP stp 19 Aug 2017
In reply to JLS:

> If any one spots a link to video of the female euro super final, please post it up. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKboqkAoRsM& (Only 42s)
 JLS 19 Aug 2017
In reply to stp:

Yeah, thanks. So did Stasia (sp?) stick the dyno second go or were there earlier attempts we didn't see?
In reply to JLS:

This from 8a.nu "After both had failed to do the first move and dyno twice, Stasa made it and reached one more hold putting pressure on Janja, who missed the dyno again. "
 JLS 19 Aug 2017
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...