UKC

Mallorca in early October - weather and crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 anderzand 27 Aug 2017

Hello,
I'm considering Mallorca for the first week of October for sport climbing. Anyone has experiences on the weather? I think it's called the rain/storm season. But is it that bad?

Which are the top crags for single pitch on face / slight overhang, grade 6a-7b?

Thanks,
-Anders
Post edited at 08:00
 AlH 27 Aug 2017
In reply to anderzand: I've been at that time of year half a dozen times in the last 10 years. Weather varied from warm,sunny and pleasant through grey but still warm (to a Scotsman) to the odd day of rain. Have only had one year where it seemed to rain most of the week and we had a 24 hour period of storms. So the odds are good.
Quite a lot of crags in https://www.libreriadesnivel.com/libros/mallorca-escalada-deportiva/9788498... that aren't in the rock fax guide (and are therefore much, much quieter) and the guide is worth buying for the English language introduction alone.
OP anderzand 27 Aug 2017
In reply to AlH:

Odd = rare ? (english is not my native language)

So there is no need to buy the RockFax?

-Thanks
 yodadave 27 Aug 2017
In reply to AlH:

thinking of going the same time, is there much hope of finding a partner by rocking up to the crag
OR are there bouldering venues?
 AlH 27 Aug 2017
In reply to anderzand:

Correct. Rare. Desnivel guide is not quite as use friendly as Rockfax but more comprehensive.
 AlH 27 Aug 2017
In reply to yodadave:

Haven't visited any really good bouldering only venues and have always been as part of a big team. Its certainly busy enough that going to some crags you should be able to scrounge a belayer during October holidays.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...