UKC

VIDEO: Chris Sharma climbing Pont d'Arc, Ardèche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Aug 2017
Chris Sharma Pont d'Arc, 3 kbBack in June, Chris Sharma made the first ascent of the famous Pont d'Arc in the Ardèche. The route climbs through the middle of a stunning 50m arch, over a gentle river. Sharma decided to climb the route as a deep water solo and tentatively took falls from every 5m, to test the depth of the water. He described the route as 'one of the best routes of my life.'

Read more
 francois 30 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like he took some pretty big falls working this project! I was stressed out just watching the footage.
 SuperLee1985 30 Aug 2017
In reply to francois:

Yup, he definitely has bigger balls than me to fall from that height.
 jon 30 Aug 2017
In reply to SuperLee1985:

> Yup, he definitely has bigger balls than me to fall from that height.

Well he won't have if he messes up a landing... just a lump (or two) in the throat, maybe.
 CurlyStevo 31 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Bit of a shame the line doesn't either top out or complete the whole rising part of the arch.
 Robert Durran 31 Aug 2017
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> Bit of a shame the line doesn't either top out or complete the whole rising part of the arch.

Not just me then who felt a bit let down by the finish!
 jon 31 Aug 2017
In reply to Robert Durran:

Me too. Or even climb down the other side. Good climbing, though. Shame it's not bolted. And easier...
 GrahamD 31 Aug 2017
In reply to jon:

Lowering off could be fun
 jon 31 Aug 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

... into a canoe.
 Dave Garnett 31 Aug 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Sharma decided to climb the route as a deep water solo and tentatively took falls from every 5m, to test the depth of the water.

I'm sorry, what?

Isn't that like putting a gun to your head and repeatedly pulling the trigger to check whether it has any bullets in it?
 Robert Durran 31 Aug 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Isn't that like putting a gun to your head and repeatedly pulling the trigger to check whether it has any bullets in it?

More like repeatedly hitting yourself on the head a bit harder each time until you decide enough is enough.

Jimbo C 03 Sep 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

I guess he would have already had a look by wearing some goggles and diving down and just wanted to double check?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...