/ Climbing Partner Wanted - North Wales 18/10 - 20/10

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L nicclemett - on 31 Aug 2017
Hi All!

I'm looking for a climbing partner free between the 18 Sep. - 20 Sep. to do a bit of outdoor sport climbing in Northern Wales (or thereabouts). I'm pretty flexible on the location so any advice on places I need to check out is welcome!

A little about me:
I'm a 24 yr old New Zealander (male) just starting my OE and I'll be passing through the UK in a couple of weeks time. I'm a 'leisure' climber and can lead up to Grade 19 (5.10a - 5.10b). I'm happy to climb with anyone or any ability provided you are a competent belayer. I also enjoy a cold beer after a good climbing session, so there might be a brew or two in it for whoever can show me around!

Cheers,
Nic

tasp05 - on 31 Aug 2017
In reply to nicclemett:

Hey Nic,

Are you there in Sep (post) or Oct (title)? If it's October, then I'm there and very free! I was planning on spending my time training indoors, but outdoors actually climbing sounds far more appealing.

Tom
L nicclemett - on 02 Sep 2017
In reply to tasp05:

Hey Tom,

Rookie mistake on my part putting two different dates... I'm going to be there in September so I guess will miss each other?

Nic
Alaina - on 05 Sep 2017
In reply to nicclemett:

Hey guys,

I'm based on the Wirral (hour or so from N Wales), & could be free those dates to climb!
Let me know if you're still keen for more people/ want to meet up.

Alaina
tasp05 - on 06 Sep 2017
In reply to nicclemett:

That's a pity! Have an awesome time!
LJJ77 on 08 Sep 2017
In reply to nicclemett:

Hi I could make the 18th or 19th I haven't done a lot of sport only Castle inn quarry and would probably need to pick up a guidebook
Unless you fancy a bit of trad in Snowdonia I don't climb at your grade HS leader and f5 on sport
I don't have my own transport but have my own rack/rope and can meet in various places fairly easily I will drop you a PM
LJJ77 on 08 Sep 2017
In reply to Alaina:

Hi I live in Prestatyn and I am always on the lookout for climbing partners
I don't climb at your grade but if you want a reliable partner who is looking to push his grade I am available
I will drop you a PM
L nicclemett - on 15 Sep 2017
In reply to Alaina:
If your still keen it would be great to have you join us! Still nutting the out the details with LJJ77 but it looks like castle inn quarry may be a goer. How does that sound to you?

Cheers
Nic

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.