UKC

Have you tried the new PONGOOSE CLIMBER 700 yet?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Pongoose 31 Aug 2017
premier post photo
PONGOOSE CLIMBER 700 - 3in1 clipstick, brushing stick and camera boom for sport climbers and boulderers

If you haven't yet tried the fantastic new Pongoose Climber 700, then now is the time. If you're looking for a top quality clipstick, brushing stick and camera boom all in one, that is super easy to use, you need to look no further. You can start pushing the grade with Pongoose and become the climber you aspire to be.

The Pongoose brand is a new grass-roots climbing business founded by Rob Rendall, a Carpenter and climber from the South of England, who has personally designed and created the new Pongoose Climber 700. The uniquely shaped head and bracket is made and pressed by hand by Rob in his workshop to ensure the highest quality product is produced, and with high quality poles and components the result is impressive.

Key features include a multi-directional head and bracket for awkward clipping and brushing; compatible with any quickdraw; retrieves quickdraws; smoothly clips quickdraws into a bolt, and a rope into a quickdraw; interchangeable removable heads; compact pole size for taking on your travels; four bright anodised colours to choose from; FREE Pongoose climbing brush with threaded insert for brushing stick function.

Find out the full features, technical spec and more details on the website at https://pongoose.com where you can exclusively buy the Pongoose Climber 700 for only £75!

Want some customer feedback? Check out this comprehensive Facebook 5 star review from Dan V:

"We took our shiny new Climber 700 out for the first time yesterday and I have to say we were incredibly impressed with it. Clipping up a draw or clipping a rope into a draw from the ground are both incredibly quick and straightforward, but what amazed me was the ease with which you can remove a quickdraw from the bolt too! This will be great for those steep routes where stripping the last couple of draws is the hardest part of the climb.
My favourite feature though, is putting up another draw while on route. When using other clip sticks, you have to pull up a load of rope and then somehow keep the rope from dropping to the floor so there isn't too much weight on the clip stick which might dislodge the delicately-held draw. The Climber 700 holds the draw so solidly that you don't have to pre-pull enough rope to reach the next draw, just lift the stick towards the bolt and it is more than sturdy enough to pull up enough rope from the floor, it makes the whole process so much faster. The build quality seems fantastic, the finish is great although I know the black pole will get scratched over time, but that's inevitable. A choice of anodising colours is a nice touch too. I've yet to use Climber for brushing or camera holding, but to me they are just bonus uses as it does it's main job so well.
I'd say rather than just being an alternative to other clip sticks, the Climber 700 is an all-round superior product"

For more reviews, check out https://facebook.com/pongoose

Demos - Keep an eye out for us at your local climbing wall over the next few months so you can get your paws on the device and try it for yourself. So far we have a few dates for London and the South coast (more to come):

- Saturday 2nd September 2017 - White Spider, London - 5th Birthday Party
- Thursday 14th September 2017 - Reading Climbing Wall - evening Demo
- Monday 16th October 2017 - Boulder Shack, Southampton - Mega Series comp
- Saturday 25th November 2017 - Red Spider, Fareham - 2nd Birthday party

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...