UKC

EBC Hike - First timer needs advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
conorbob88 05 Sep 2017
Good afternoon all,

After some advice. Myself and 2 buddies (all male) are trekking EBC in late August 2018 for 16 days. I was wondering how much float I should leave at the end of the trek to absorb any possible flight delays? I am about to book it and was thinking of leaving an additional 2 days in case the flight to or from Lukla is delayed, is this advised? Is there any arrangement I can come to with the airline (Turkish Airlines) in case I am held up in Nepal or is it tough and have to pay again!?

Also I am playing with the idea of going to Vietnam for 3-4 days following Nepal to relax; then coming back to the UK. Should I book these before I go to Nepal or leave it until I am in Nepal or about to go, price wise they seem pretty cheap now but given the possibility of delays in Nepal is it wise to book beforehand?
 Cheese Monkey 05 Sep 2017
In reply to conorbob88:

I was delayed for 3 days straight and gave up. Luckily on the way out! I gave up and changed my plans and went to Langtang. I would get the bus and the long walk if I did it again
 mike123 06 Sep 2017
In reply to conorbob88:
Worth baring in mind that Late August / early September will probably still be monsoon . You may be lucky but it is much more likely that you will get rain every day and have to deal with the Lukla flight being delayed for 3:4 days or may be more . The chance of this should decrease through September . The positive side to going early is that is will be much less busy.
conorbob88 08 Sep 2017
In reply to mike123:

Mike, sorry a mistake. I am going in late April!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...